Any foods you get sick of?

Calicolady

I don't eat breakfast, but make 1 large cup of coffee every morning.
But lately, I've lost my taste for it.
So this morning I made it as a matter of routine but first added the cream, sprinkled about a 1/2 tsp. of cinnamin in, then added the sugar, then coffee.
I had a devil of a time stirring in the cinnamin, but what a difference it made. Yum.

Any things you normally eat that you get sick of, alter, then enjoy in a new way, or swear off forever?

suziquzie

thats exactly it!
I got so so sick of them..... unless I started toasting and buttering 'em.
I hope I get sick of that soon.
:)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It used to be the DW made spaghetti every Monday, and I got tot he p[oint I was ready to gag when I walked in the house and smelled it. But I had a heart-to-heart with her and now only see it about once a month. Not sure where she came up with the idea of serving it every week on the same day, but it surely wasn't my favorite meal after a little while.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Eggs in the morning. I can stomach them in the afternoon though. I think that is about it, we rotate meals enough to avoid getting sick of them.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Salads. When I'm dieting, I eat a salad for lunch every work day. After a month, ugh!

I eat the same bran flake cereal almost every day, and oddly, I don't get sick of it.

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I am a funny eater, I guess. During the week, I can pretty much eat the same thing and it doesn’t bother me. On the weekend, I would prefer something different and good.

I have put a bit of Cinnamon in the filter basket when brewing coffee, it is a good change up.

I guess this thread brings me to my ethnic joke -

A man immigrated to the USA and got a job on construction. He spoke no English, so he asked his family to teach him to order lunch at the diner. They taught him "Apple Pie and Coffee".

This worked great for a while. He got tired of the same thing and asked his family to teach him to order something different. They taught him "Cheese Sandwich".

The next day, he jubilantly walked into the diner sat down and sail "Cheese Sandwich". The waitress looked at him and remarked "White or Whole Wheat?".

You guessed it, he had no reply and responded "Apple Pie and Coffee".

Have a great day.

AC

Calicolady

Oh good. I'll try putting the cinnamin in the filter next time. Thanks for the tip!
You too have a great day.

PanchoHambre

I think my mom packed me turkey sandwiches for two years straight in 7th and 8th grade... I would be happy to never see another turkey sandwich in my life

The Tourist

Banned
Not so much a certain food, but a certain place. Perhaps the smell.

Sometimes a group of our friends want to go to "The Olive Garden." And all of the jokes aside, I can usually find something there I truly like.

But if I eat there again within a month, I cannot make myself eat there for a year.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Anything that I have to eat repetitively, I can grow sick off-- it doesn't matter what it is.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Right now.... I'm not sick of anything.... I want to eat everything! So I will have to get back to you on this. But yes, it does happen to me after a while. I eat something so much that I just can't stand the thought of eating it anymore. I'm gonna go look for some munchies!!!

homecook

It would probably be poor man's dish (goulash). Dh loves it and would eat it at least once a week. I can't stand it any more. Now I make it on Thursday's when I go bowling so I don't have to eat it. lol

Barb

S.Shepherd

Mexican food:puke1:

ever notice it's just beans, meat, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato and tortillia just in different order ??

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Pizza. DW loves the stuff, and any time I don't feel like cooking she's ordering pizza... We don't have many take out options in our small town...

Oh yeah, I got so burnt out on Subway in college that I haven't eaten there in probably 5 years... Blech...

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
When we go up to the in laws we often have baked potatoes, cold meat and hot vegetables. I am not a big fan of baked potatoes anyway and when they were served up four nights in a row. Sahll we say I was not amused.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We don't eat Subway anymore either. Around here they are so chintzy, they measure each and every ingredient down to the smallest fraction of an ounce. Literately, you can see them back there weighing each and every portion. And the bread? Once you take a bite you realize it is all air.
Mr. Submarine blows them away. Great bread and lots of fillings. With so many places around here making big sandwiches and subs, it is no wonder Subway is having a hard time surviving.

lilylove

Our local Subway is pretty good. And at 5 dollars for a foot long you can't go wrong. They're great about adding all the extra veggies we ask for too.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Our local Subway is pretty good. And at 5 dollars for a foot long you can't go wrong. They're great about adding all the extra veggies we ask for too.

They actually charge extra here for anything over the amount they allow. Everything is pre-measured into those little paper holders, if you want anything above and beyond that, including extra veggies, they want to charge you for it.
Cheap-o's!! When I was in high school and the first Subway opened in our area, it wasn't like that at all. The ones around here pinch every penny, and are rather unfriendly too!
On our last trip to Iowa we did stop at a Subway, it was nothing like the ones out here!

lilylove

That sucks! No extra charges here... or at any of the subways I've been too in Washington or Oregon!

Calicolady

When we go up to the in laws we often have baked potatoes, cold meat and hot vegetables. I am not a big fan of baked potatoes anyway and when they were served up four nights in a row. Sahll we say I was not amused.

LOL! And you want to buy a house with them?
You better start brushing up on alternatives and show them the light. Good luck!

Last edited: