The Worst 'Healthy' Foods

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Boom Badda BANG! :chef:

If there’s one lesson to learn from the supermarket, it’s that the front of the package never tells the whole story. When researching the Eat This, Not That! Supermarket Survival Guide, we spent a lot of time investigating the pantries of average Americans. What we found inside the cupboards and refrigerator doors were foods rich with the healthy buzzwords of the day: multigrain bread, fat-free yogurt, and all-natural granola. While these might seem like the virtuous foods you should be bringing home to your family, many of these are the exact foods that are silently sabotaging the diets and expanding the waistlines of millions of Americans each year.

HERE IS THE REST!
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/25030/the-worst-healthy-foods-in-the-supermarket/

chowhound

Boom Badda BANG! :chef:

If there’s one lesson to learn from the supermarket, it’s that the front of the package never tells the whole story. When researching the Eat This, Not That! Supermarket Survival Guide, we spent a lot of time investigating the pantries of average Americans. What we found inside the cupboards and refrigerator doors were foods rich with the healthy buzzwords of the day: multigrain bread, fat-free yogurt, and all-natural granola. While these might seem like the virtuous foods you should be bringing home to your family, many of these are the exact foods that are silently sabotaging the diets and expanding the waistlines of millions of Americans each year.

HERE IS THE REST!
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/25030/the-worst-healthy-foods-in-the-supermarket/

Riiiight... what's a buzzword?
They sure didn't find any of that in my house :tongue:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm with you on this. The minute I see or hear any thing mentioned in the same sentence or on the package that say Halt, Good for you, or giving you your daily requirements I won't eat it. It means it is tasteless cardboard or something that will gag you. I wonder when people will simply wake up and stop listening to these dietitians as they don't have a clue. I grew up in a lot thinner world, we ate butter, fatty meats and pretty much anything we wanted. We where thinner and healthier that today. Now you might ask why well it was moderation and less preservatives, additives and antibiotics added to our foods. Chicken wasn't yellow and over sized, beef wasn't like shoe leather due to no fat and both tasted great. :soapbox: Well I'll get down now before I fall being so feeble due to eating all the politically incorrect foods all my life, yea right.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LOL Joe! Truth is you won't find any of that stuff in our house either. If we buy a multi grain bread it is not because we think it is healthier but just that we like the heavier bread over the light stuff. At this point we make about half the bread we eat now.
I think the more you make from scratch the better off you will be, even using the so called no no stuff. The other thing is moderation, there is no reason I should eat the same amount of food as someone who works at a labor intensive job everyday. It is just about balancing calories coming in with calories going out, not using so called healthy stuff.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
There is a lot to think about here. I was recently subjected to a lecture on one person's idea of what I need to eat. I firmly believe that chemical addatives that are out in along the whole food chain are a big part of the problem. Moderation is also important factor and finally exercise are the key.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I read a study a couple of years ago that basically said if your parents ate the "Perfect" diet their whole lives and you followed the same diet it would add 3 months to your life baring accidental death. Now my question is are you really living when life is that boring?

babe

i think fake meat is really going to far. if u think meat is unhealthy then just don't eat it. what the hell is a soy burger, yuck is what it is. i do have to watch a bit because of diabeties but do not go over overboard . i love food and if i have to soy and stuff, it is time for me to shuffle off this mortal coil