What are you doing today?

Leni

I've got to do something with all of the lemons that are falling off my lemon tree. It was supposed to be a dwarf but once it was planted in the ground it went crazy. I've literally got hundreds of lemons.

Johnny West

I wish I were closer, we'd make limoncello.

I had hospital appointment, got meds, cleaned house, cleaned stove, did laundry and am shot. Our #2 son is coming to visit today and is less than an hour out. :heart:

Embryodad

Had to reconnect the gas grill to the gas supply line. I had to disc. and move the grill when they were siding the house in the fall.
The wife wants pigs feet, so I had to burn the feet on the grill till they toe danced to the song "Old MacDonald" had a Farm. I had a Oink Oink here....like ten of them tootsie toes.

Now its down to the laundry room, to install the parts in the gas dryer; to get that working again. It's always something.

Johnny West

I got a spot of housework done in anticipation of my sweetie coming for the weekend. :heart: The knee is holding up good today and am chuffed. We're getting some rain, on and off, too. I was hoping to grill something - we'll see.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm sitting here waiting on the AC guy. I was told they could probably get to me today :rolleyes:.

Here's something gross. Last evening I washed and dried an alternative down comforter that is filled with something, sure looks like feathers to me.

Trying to be safety conscious, I pull out the dryer, disconnect the vent hose from the back of the dryer, and vacuum the hose out real good. I start to re-connect the hose to the dryer and notice there is a space inside, so I stick the vacuum hose in there, and......plunk, plunk, plunk :unsure:.

One of the "plunks" doesn't fit down the hose, so I start to examine it. It was a little gift from the skunk that got in there a long time ago. I keep telling myself they were dirt clods from his feet, but it sure looked like clods of something else.

Embryodad

I'm sitting here waiting on the AC guy. I was told they could probably get to me today :rolleyes:.

Here's something gross. Last evening I washed and dried an alternative down comforter that is filled with something, sure looks like feathers to me.

Trying to be safety conscious, I pull out the dryer, disconnect the vent hose from the back of the dryer, and vacuum the hose out real good. I start to re-connect the hose to the dryer and notice there is a space inside, so I stick the vacuum hose in there, and......plunk, plunk, plunk :unsure:.

One of the "plunks" doesn't fit down the hose, so I start to examine it. It was a little gift from the skunk that got in there a long time ago. I keep telling myself they were dirt clods from his feet, but it sure looked like clods of something else.
OMG.... that's hilarious !

When the dryer broke a couple weeks ago, same thing. The motor was packed with insulation that mice packed around it. Low and behold... I found the mouse in another part of the dryer that probably built the house.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my nurse was by, i went to my bar, made dinner, kind of, if a salad is dinner-ish enough, spoke to my Parents, went into a panic when my power went 4 a few, spoke to blake & a few ppl i have gotten to be pals w/, & then got online-- i hafta re-program my television~

Cooksie

Site Supporter
OMG.... that's hilarious !

When the dryer broke a couple weeks ago, same thing. The motor was packed with insulation that mice packed around it. Low and behold... I found the mouse in another part of the dryer that probably built the house.

If he was packing insulation, he must have been a pack rat :corny:. We had one of those pack rats in our hunting cabin. I was amazed at what he could drag across the floor to his nasty abode.

Bad news on the AC - new air handler :bonk:, they've been in and out of the attic since about 9:00 banging away. They're really nice guys, and I feel bad for them because it's so dang hot up there.

Embryodad

If he was packing insulation, he must have been a pack rat :corny:. We had one of those pack rats in our hunting cabin. I was amazed at what he could drag across the floor to his nasty abode.

Bad news on the AC - new air handler :bonk:, they've been in and out of the attic since about 9:00 banging away. They're really nice guys, and I feel bad for them because it's so dang hot up there.
Oh No! New air handler huh! Old one was probably too old and leaking water.
I've been there / done that...for years Cooksie. Hope they were smart and put a box fan up there to at least move the air on them whilst they work.

Forgot to mention, when I opened the dryer to change the parts, I found like 1.75 in pocket change! Tina was like a kid in a candy shoppe picking up the coins. LOL

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Oh No! New air handler huh! Old one was probably too old and leaking water.
I've been there / done that...for years Cooksie. Hope they were smart and put a box fan up there to at least move the air on them whilst they work.

Forgot to mention, when I opened the dryer to change the parts, I found like 1.75 in pocket change! Tina was like a kid in a candy shoppe picking up the coins. LOL

That's one of the things that really irked me. It was 8 years old.

Embryodad

That's one of the things that really irked me. It was 8 years old.
Uh Oh!
8 years is really not that old for a drain pan to rust out. Sounds like there may have been
another cause. Like an iced up evaporator coil causing the leak. Or a dirty evap coil.

At least the new unit will give some sense of a guarantee that it should not leak condensate.

Saliha

I was cleaning the garden (and took some photos too) and planting basils to bigger pots. A lot of them at this year. When it started to rain again, I took bath (or the Finnish sauna). A cup of hot cocoa, warm wool socks and TV now.

And it´s Sunday tomorrow - no need to go to bed too early.

By the way, Santtu returned to our home (she was in my sister´s house during the recovery period of my mom).

feuvt6Z.jpg

Embryodad

It is 11:30 on the saturday pm, and I am prepping and cooking for my DIL's Birthday Meal for tomorrow. I did nap after supper so that I can cook now, in quiet, and in piece.I was appointed to this by my Dear DIL.... Having City Chicken. 5 lbs of them.

Got my potatoes peeled and cubed in cold water for mashed taters.
I estimate, I will be done by 3 ish. All I have to do tomorrow, is fry the city chicken.
Rain for tomorrow and monday, so that is good! I love rain, but snow much better.

I love to hear all the neighbors cry about the rain. I know DD wil not like it! They just planted like 30 acres of feed corn on the farm.

Well.... rest time is over.... time to get breading the meat.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i've got mild surgical thingy (another dagnabbin' g-j), then dinner @ jimmy's, if we could~~ God, how we luv city chix~ have a great dinner, yinz guys~

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was cleaning the garden (and took some photos too) and planting basils to bigger pots. A lot of them at this year. When it started to rain again, I took bath (or the Finnish sauna). A cup of hot cocoa, warm wool socks and TV now.

And it´s Sunday tomorrow - no need to go to bed too early.

By the way, Santtu returned to our home (she was in my sister´s house during the recovery period of my mom).

feuvt6Z.jpg

oh my Gosh, how did I miss Santtu??

:flowers:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Not a whole lot going on today. I'm sure I got cussed by the trash man this morning. I could barely get my trash can out to the curb. It was loaded with two attic fan motors and a big ficus tree that had decided to bite the dust.

When the AC guys were changing out the air handler, they noticed that the attic ventilation fans weren't running :cry:, so I had to buy two new motors and have an electrician switch them out. I may have to go out in the backyard and bag some squirrels for dinner ;).

Luvs - take care of yourself and get better!

Saliha

A cake is in the oven - tomorrow it´s the Mother´s Day here. It will be a sponge cake, filled with strawberry jam, mashed bananas, decorated with whipped cream and some chocolate candies.

:neutral: I didn´t find fresh strawberries from local market - seems everyone wants them to their cakes at this moment and they had ended of the stock. Any ways, chocolate candies are enough good.

Johnny West

My #1 son is here to spend the day with me, I'll do PT exercises, and we'll go for a walk around cul de sac. I'm doing a better job with the walker but it's not conducive for house ambulating so in the house use the hiking staff.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My #1 son is here to spend the day with me, I'll do PT exercises, and we'll go for a walk around cul de sac. I'm doing a better job with the walker but it's not conducive for house ambulating so in the house use the hiking staff.

I hope you're not using one of the old fashioned kind of walkers. The rollators are so much nicer and easier to use, and you can sit down if you get tired.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I put out 24 cf of mulch yesterday. I need some more, but that's all my suv will hold without putting it on the seats, which I won't do.

I've also been getting a list together of Kindle books to go on my new Kindle Paperwhite...so excited about this little gadget as I love to read.

Johnny West

Yes, I'm using the old fashioned kind of walker. It is heavy duty, tall, and what is recommended. I did add ski's to the back. I'm using it to walk with not go shopping. As a matter of fact I've not see the sitter at PT, at all. I'm are there is a place for one, just not for me. Around the hose there are times when I don't even use the walking staff. The WC is for going out and walking distance.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ha! Never seen one with skis but have seen the tennis ball rig up - As long as you're up and getting around and healing, that's what counts :).

Embryodad

Today... is Pizza Parlor Day. DS is 47 and we are having his favorite ( Dads Pizza )
I just made the tomato sauce. About to get the dough made soon.
Tina mommy, just made his favorite white cake ( white box mix ) with white, mommy made, butter cream icing.

They will be here after 5:30 Mass; so I've got plenty enough time.
I will make 4 - 16" pies. One plain cheese; one pepperoni, one sausage, and the last one, onion and peppers.

Saliha

Working in the garden today. I built a garden fence.

udnndUy.jpg

NR7YNx7.jpg

For the flower bed too:

Khzv66m.jpg

There will be my pumpkin/squash garden:

SY3uYiK.jpg

Compost beds (one at the right, other one left - not in the picture) with few fences around. Plus those frames, about 2 or 3. Maybe some flowers on the pots too.

Also I sow carrots and planted some onions. Tomorrow I will sow some sunflowers, if here isn´t rainy - like right now.