Wednesday's Dinner - Feb 18th

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We are thinking perhaps some grilled shrimp and with some fried rice.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
No cooking tonight. Last night DW and I attended an annual get together of retired Chicago pilots who spend time in SW FL this time of year. Tonight we have six of them including wives coming over for drinks before we head out to Fitzgerald's, an excellent Irish spot with wonderful meals and fun entertainment. Some of these people I haven't flown with in over thirty years but we still remember the layover cities, others who worked the trips with us, and where we dined. Don't ask me how we can do that.

Short term memory, now that's another matter :blush:

homecook

You know I love my DH dearly. I must since I've been with him almost 35 years! But why couldn't I find someone that knows how to "cook"?? I see all these guys on here making dinner every night. Where did I go wrong? I would love to have some one cook for me one night. With that being said........

Dinner tonight: I have no earthly idea!! :D

Barb

AllenOK

Kathe, pork chops are easy. Season, sear, place in a baking dish, saute some onions and mushrooms, deglaze with a bit of stock, add some cream of mushroom, pour over the chops, cover, and bake for an hour. Rice pilaf and a veggie, some good bread, maybe a beer, and I'd be one happy camper.

You could grill them, or blacken them.

Saute the chops, then apples and onions, deglaze with apple cider, pour over, and bake.

I don't want to think about how many different pork chop recipes I have.

I know this is the "dinner" thread, but I have to work tonight. I'm wanting to make something decent for lunch. I'm thinking the Lo Mein I posted. I've got a leftover sirloin steak, and some raw shrimp. I've got plenty of pasta. I just need to get my daughter dressed and go to the store to get some Napa and carrots, maybe some peas.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You know I love my DH dearly. I must since I've been with him almost 35 years! But why couldn't I find someone that knows how to "cook"?? I see all these guys on here making dinner every night. Where did I go wrong? I would love to have some one cook for me one night. With that being said........

Dinner tonight: I have no earthly idea!! :D

Barb

Get him in there doing it, that is what my wife did to me. We now split the cooking between us. We have been doing this together now for about 35 years of our 44 year marriage. :alc:

lilylove

I just took two steaks out of the freezer... I have no idea what to do with them....

Spinach and orange salad....

and I'll dream about baked potatoes with bacon and mushrooms!

suziquzie

i was going to do pork chops but I have a kid not keeping anything down. :(
Doesn't make me feel much like eating either. MAybe we'll all just eat saltines and sprite with him....

suziquzie

so, the kid that wont eat soup is the one that's sick. and asleep.
i've decided to take this opportunity to have soup night without whining!!

chowhound

I actually planned tonight's dinner and took some chicken thighs out of the freezer and put them into the fridge last night. I was really looking forward to fried chicken, mashed potaoes/gravy and corn. So seeing as how the chicken was barely thawed...
That refrigerator will be the death of me if it ever decides to hold a constant temp, but dinner was quick and good anyway.

Attachments

• Toasted ham & cheese and beans.jpg
    Toasted ham & cheese and beans.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 167

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
We had a simple country meal. Pork Chops smothered in gravy, mashed potatoes and green peas, and cornbread muffins,

Brown the chops.
k4tf1c.jpg

Smother in gravy, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
24fi3gn.jpg

Plate and eat it.
2zg51mo.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I actually planned tonight's dinner and took some chicken thighs out of the freezer and put them into the fridge last night. I was really looking forward to fried chicken, mashed potaoes/gravy and corn. So seeing as how the chicken was barely thawed...
That refrigerator will be the death of me if it ever decides to hold a constant temp, but dinner was quick and good anyway.

Now that looks GOOD! Great job!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Damn that looks good I will have to get some chops out of the freezer tomorrow morning.

chowhound

Thanks guys. My CI griddle is perfect for toasted sandwiches. Lots of room and easy to control the heat.
Those are great looking chops, K. It's hard to find good bone-in chops around here anymore. Now I'm really hoping to get my tater and gravy fix in.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys. My CI griddle is perfect for toasted sandwiches. Lots of room and easy to control the heat.
Those are great looking chops, K. It's hard to find good bone-in chops around here anymore. Now I'm really hoping to get my tater and gravy fix in.

Isn't that the truth, same here! What is up with that????

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Looking at your pic inspired DW! She is a clean freak and decided to clean the fridge of leftovers while also making me lunch tomorrow. We had a little Spatchcock Chicken leftover, some Maidrite beef, and some hotdogs…..everything you need in one bowl for a fast lunch! She threw it altogether with some beans in a ramekin that I’ll pack for lunch tomorrow, although I’ve already had a few bites….shhhhhhh! :yum:

4pvazt.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

You must be a big guy to be able to eat two sammies and the dogs-n-beans too. I'm 6'-1" and about 240, and can only eat one of those sammies and about half of those beans before becoming full. Or did you have company for did-din tonight?
Regardless, it's a nice plate of well prepared groceries.