Tues, Feb. 17 What's For Dinner?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm thinking pork chops smothered in gravy, mashed potatoes, and green peas.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'll be right over! Mashed potatoes and gravy beats split pea soup any day! :clap:

Pull up a chair! Plenty of room!

And I'll get you some extra dessert if you'll post that Split Pea Soup recipe! My neighbor loves Split Pea Soup and asked me if I would make it for her and her hubby. I bought the beans, but I don't have a TNT recipe yet. I'd love to use yours!

homecook

I made poor man's dish (for you refined folks....goulash). That's it, nothing else!! Get it when you want it.

Barb

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I made poor man's dish (for you refined folks....goulash). That's it, nothing else!! Get it when you want it.

Barb

2dcekwj.jpg
Please and thank you!!!!

AllenOK

Well, no lobster here. PeppA ended up buying some steaks, 5 lbs of shrimp, and a bag of charcoal. At least I finally got to cook some steaks MY WAY instead of boot leather.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Fried drumsticks, hand crafted French fries (dang that new edge on my knife works good), and green beans. DW made some chocolate pudding for dessert...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We had a simple meal tonight. A marinated rib eye with my mushroom topping, steamed asparagus with a white truffle oil vinaigrette, red Blisse potatoes roasted with rosemary and garlic. The marinate was soy, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and juice from half a lemon.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
We had a simple meal tonight. A marinated rib eye with my mushroom topping, steamed asparagus with a white truffle oil vinaigrette, red Blisse potatoes roasted with rosemary and garlic. The marinate was soy, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and juice from half a lemon.
Wow!!! May be "simple", but I'd kill to have dinner with you!!!

AllenOK

As much as I like complex flavors and complicated recipes, sometimes, the simplest things are the best. Take the steaks I had for dinner tonight. Nothing special. PeppA bought three THIN NY strips, and four hefty, thick sirloins. I seasoned all with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Grilled to perfection (at least, the sirloins were, nice and medium to med-rare, the strips were med-well).

I did manage to save one of the sirloins. I'll use it tomorrow for lunch. I'm thinking homemade Lo Mein.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys but it really is simple, nothing more than a bit of planning ahead involved. No major hard to find ingredients at all, really. It was good though and simple meals can be good and fast too, this took about 30 minutes to do. So much for Rachael Ray and her 30 minutes meals.

buckytom

Grill Master
i've gotta stop eating just before going to bed. i wake up with a full stomach, burping as if i've just finished dinner. and i don't sleep well, the 3 or 4 hours that i may get.

last night around 9:30, i ran out and picked up dinner from a local take-out steak and chop place. it's a great little joint that used to be a pizza parlour, but spanish guy bought it, tore out the pizza ovens and put in a huge grill. they serve really good steaks and chops and other suff with sort of a spanish skew to them.

last night, i had the "country platter", which was a grilled pork chop, grilled boneless chicken breasts, and the most unbelievable grilled fresh chorizo that you've ever tasted. sides were sauteed peppers and onions, and rice and beans.