Tues, Feb. 17 What's For Dinner?

PanchoHambre

I have a bunch of Guacamole from last night (finally found a cheap ripe avocado source:clap:)

a bunch of other Mexican stuff and a ton of corn tortillas so I am thinking Tostadas mounded w/ refried beans, cheese, guac, sc, topped with crumbled bacon, chopped cilantro some Pace salsa

chowhound

That sounds good Pancho.
Why don't you open up a Mexican restaurant by me :^)

I'm still undecided for tonight.

AllenOK

I'm still clueless for dinner tonight. Saturday was Valentine's Day, and I had to work. Tomorrow is PeppA's BD, and I have to work. I need to do something special for dinner tonight. She is finally starting to warm up to the idea of me buying her a lobster.

lilylove

?? Leaving for the store soon and I need some ideas. Come on guys. HELP!.

Low calorie..high taste!

lilylove

lol... yeah but... none of them were healthy!

There's a place here in town that we go to once in awhile that has a sign on the door

"NOTHING THAT WE MAKE HERE IS GOOD FOR YOU"

DAMN!!! I want that sign for my front door!

buckytom

Grill Master
this week is gonna sucketh, royally.

i'm working 10a to 6p on a new project, so not only am i busy debugging systems all day in freezing cold and noisy rack rooms (my tinnitus is on overdrive from all of the system fans), but i don't get home until after 7. just in time to help get my boy washed up, edumacated, and into bed. then, around 9, i finally get to decide what to eat.

last night was mexican from a take out joint. it sat in my stomach like a rock all night.

i think i'll go easy on it tonight with some sushi, unless dw decides to make something and keep a plate for me. :glare:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup tonight with grilled cheese sammies

Last edited:

GotGarlic

I have some frozen homemade meatballs and bits of bell peppers at home, plus marinara, garlic bread and salad fixins', so that sounds like dinner :smile:

suziquzie

Hey Trish I'm making this citrus chicken from Cooking Light.... made it once before, really good.... even the kids eat it!
Last time I had no salad to serve it over so I put it over orzo.... today it's going on red leaf and romaine lettuce.

chowhound

I had a big bowl of jalapeno with smoked chicken soup about an hour ago and I might just skip dinner now. Which is fine by me.

lilylove

Hey Trish I'm making this citrus chicken from Cooking Light.... made it once before, really good.... even the kids eat it!
Last time I had no salad to serve it over so I put it over orzo.... today it's going on red leaf and romaine lettuce.

Oh that sounds good! But ya know what Mr. Health wants?
Frozen fish and chips! He's getting frozen coconut shrimp and chips cuz, that's whats in the freezer. I'm having salad! lol! :alc:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We just got back at 8pm and picked up some lovely hot pizza on the way home.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Homemade split pea soup that I made on Sunday so the flavors had time to merge, meld and get yummmmmy! lol

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We finally figured out tonights dinner! DW walked to the store to pick up some fresh green beans and a roaster chicken. Gonna make the roaster, green beans sauteed with mushroom, and taters tossed with spices and roasted in the oven.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh shoot!!! How could I forget the bacon!!!:shock:

And we are all out!!:bonk:

OUT OF BACON?!?!?! That's....not allowed to happen at my house! If someone opens up the last 4 pound package of bacon in the freezer and takes one out and doesn't tell me....well...let's just say....the :shitHitsFan:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
OUT OF BACON?!?!?! That's....not allowed to happen at my house! If someone opens up the last 4 pound package of bacon in the freezer and takes one out and doesn't tell me....well...let's just say....the :shitHitsFan:

Note to self... don't show up at Mama's house without bacon!:tongue:

chowhound

Agreed. There's simply no excuse for running out of bacon. It freezes so well, too.

I've decided on wienies and beans. I'm going to brown up some sliced hot dogs, bacon (Mav :wink:), onions, then pour in a can of Bush's. And try out plating it on buttered toast like Miniman mentioned a while back. I've got a little bit of onion gravy leftover from the other night I think I'll throw in, too.