Posting recipes

chowhound

I know!
What we need is a separate "Contests" forum. With subforums of "Past Contests, Ongoing Contests, and New Contest Ideas."

:yum::yum::yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Actually it might be better if we each had our very own forum. One labeled Mama and one labeled Chowhound. Then when something is going on that we need to know about people can just post it there and we won''t have to look around for it! :bonk:

simplicity

VB, I always enjoy reading about your dinners. I'm not good at writing recipes. That is the reason I read more I than I post. When I do my own I know what I want it to look like, know what I want it to taste like. To write it down is another matter. Just how much is a dab anyway?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
VB, I always enjoy reading about your dinners. I'm not good at writing recipes. That is the reason I read more I than I post. When I do my own I know what I want it to look like, know what I want it to taste like. To write it down is another matter. Just how much is a dab anyway?

Wasn't the saying 'a little dab'll do ya'? A dab is a ......dab, which comes in small, medium and large, apparently.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Ok, then VB, how much is a slurp?
Devil_emoticon.gif

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
See....no real recipe, no measuring, no ingredient list....just me and what's in my head.

You're my kinda gal Vera! That's exactly how I cook, I hardly EVER measure anything and if I'm throwing something together, it's all eyeballed.

I've tried to enter recipe contests before and estimated how much of everything I put in. Too bad there isn't a contest for us who just wing it! :dizzy: