Valentine's Dinner - What's on tonight?

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Made my wife's favorite for her today. Started out making baguettes as we needed "dippy" bread. Recipe Here. And what we call Stufato, essentially an Italian seafood stew. Recipe Here

Attachments

• P1030121.jpg
    P1030121.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 122
  • P1030125.jpg
    P1030125.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 124
  • P1030129.jpg
    P1030129.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 101
  • P1030144.jpg
    P1030144.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 123
  • P1030146.jpg
    P1030146.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 128

chowhound

Very nice UnConundrum. I looooove seafood and that looks fantastic.

And when you don't have a sweetheart..... your dinner looks like this:

I sure did love it though..... Or I wouldn't have made it! :wink:

Attachments

• DO sausage & veggies.jpg
    DO sausage & veggies.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 297

babe

i am having a rib eye , nice and rare and not sure what else. i will spend some time remembering how much i loved my husband and how much i miss him. he loved steak and potatoes would love to have him here for heart day.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

What do you mean no sweetheart? I thought you had dogs? Don't get more loving than a good dog.

Ratton

1st post

Hi There,

I pan fried a 2"+ New York Strip Loin on my new de Buyer carbon steel grill pan, seared, then poped in a 325* oven. Had asparagus and steamed new 2009 Jasmine rice, washed down with some 2005 "The Hammer" Shiraz. Went down very well if I do say so myself!!! :wink:

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We went to the Candy Festival and then ate out at our favorite Chinese Buffet.
We had a great time and included the kids so it was fun!

Constance

Grandpa and I do our partyin' at home most times. Together, we have made shrimp fettucine Alfredo. We have parmagiano reggiano to grate over the top, crusty bread, and a small salad to go with.

My Valentine's advice to those of you who are still able: Like the sign says in the cemetary: "Get a lot while you're young."

On their 60th+ anniversary, a news person asked Bob Hope and his wife the secret to a long and happy marriage that even survived Hollywood and long separations. Deloris said, "Marry someone you can stand."

Sorry to get off the subject, but at my age, I can tell you that is very good advice.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Hi There,

I pan fried a 2"+ New York Strip Loin on my new de Buyer carbon steel grill pan, seared, then poped in a 325* oven. Had asparagus and steamed new 2009 Jasmine rice, washed down with some 2005 "The Hammer" Shiraz. Went down very well if I do say so myself!!! :wink:

Welcome to NCT Ratton. Why not head over the the Introduction forum and everyone will be able to welcome you properly.

Dinner sounds great!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
As for me, I wish that I had stuck with the original plan. Instead I had melted muenster cheese on toast and some cake. Too fatty.

However, I did make a lovely Hungarian beef barley bean vegetable soup. The only thing that I don't add that my grandma did (but my mom didn't) is stewed tomatoes as I am allergic. I shall have some tomorrow after it is chilled, I will be able to easily remove more of the fat as it will congeal on top.

homecook

Grandpa and I do our partyin' at home most times. Together, we have made shrimp fettucine Alfredo. We have parmagiano reggiano to grate over the top, crusty bread, and a small salad to go with.

My Valentine's advice to those of you who are still able: Like the sign says in the cemetary: "Get a lot while you're young."

On their 60th+ anniversary, a news person asked Bob Hope and his wife the secret to a long and happy marriage that even survived Hollywood and long separations. Deloris said, "Marry someone you can stand."

Sorry to get off the subject, but at my age, I can tell you that is very good advice.

I agree wholeheartedly!!!!!!!!

Barb

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Yay! Enough left over from our 2 lb. steak for steak and eggs tomorrow. I'm glad I got some thick cut bacon while I was at the meat market. It will be a perfect side and provide some flavor to the steak!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Man that looks good! Looks familiar too! :lol:

suziquzie

I'm late for yesterday.
I came home from work and made spaghetti & meatballs and a cherry pie.
:)
Not bad with not a clue that morning!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Counts in my book too! Especially since you made the crust... DW can go that but I still need practice!