Thurs 02/12/09 Dinner Thread

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've just started up a fresh pot of red sauce. We will be having it spaghetti, Italian sweet sausage, garlic bread and a salad. I always make about 6 qts of sauce and store it to use over the next week or so.

smoke king

Banned
Pork chops with a black currant glaze....thats as far as I've gotten so far. Maybe a nice green salad & hasselback potatoes?

suziquzie

I'm trying really hard after 5 days of going going going non-stop doing something or another, to get up and throw together some chili and cornbread.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Cabbage stew tonight. We are repeating our cheap meals a lot right now until DW gets more work in and the budget eases up.

homecook

I'll have chicken fajitas for dh and ds to put together. Tonight is my bowling night and I'll be eating bar food and drinking beers!

Barb

simplicity

There was a thread about calamari the other day so I bought some - slightly over $4.00/lb. I'm going to deep fry it and serve with aioli. Don't know what else. Thinking about some toasted asiago cheese bread - it's in the freezer - and fresh fruit or raw vegetables.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Leftover Italian Chicken Breast stuffed with spinach tonight

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had sirloin steak, potato wedges, peas and tomato & mushroom sauce.

lilylove

Paul just told me not to make dinner... he's bringing leftover lunch meeting food home from work. Well alrighty!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Horseradish crusted pork loin roast, with some potato bakers, and some kind of veg...

chowhound

I made a green bean thing.

Attachments

• green beans 2-12-09.jpg
    green beans 2-12-09.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 956

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
okie dokie

Attachments

• PICT0884.JPG
    PICT0884.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 108
  • PICT0889.JPG
    PICT0889.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT0891.JPG
    PICT0891.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 114
  • PICT0896.jpg
    PICT0896.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 116
  • PICT0902.JPG
    PICT0902.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 109

chowhound

Thanks Mav.
And yeah... what is that? I had to scroll back to see if that was the red sauce on a pork chop, but that was Pancho that was having that. That pic in the pot where it's cooked down look great.

buckytom

Grill Master
i picked up chinese on the way home last night.

egg snot soup, boneless spare ribs, steamed chicken and broccoli with a side of garlic sauce, steamed tofu with chinese veggies and a side of garlic sauce, steamed kung po chicken with a side of it's sauce, veggie fried rice, white and brown rice.