Chico, this one's for you!

AllenOK

One of my more knowledgable waiters came up to me tonight, with a special request. His customer wanted a custom pasta dish, with Angel Hair, butter, garlic, and goat cheese.

I told him, sure, let check first to see if we have any goat cheese. We did.

I made the dish, starting with a COLD pan, clarified butter in the pan, about a tablespoon of minced garlic, and saute until it's hot. Pasta in my hot water bath. Once the garlic starts to cook, in goes the pasta, some cold, whole butter, and some goat's cheese. Flip and roll until the whole butter melts, as does the cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Plate, sprinkle more goat's cheese on top, garnish with chives and some parmesan croutons, and out it goes.

I was told she LOVED it!

The Tourist

Banned
AllenOK, I promise to put a mirror finish on your 12-inch gyuto that will scare your grandmother if you will just ship me one of these angel hair/garlic feasts...

Derek

Banned
One of my more knowledgable waiters came up to me tonight, with a special request. His customer wanted a custom pasta dish, with Angel Hair, butter, garlic, and goat cheese.

I told him, sure, let check first to see if we have any goat cheese. We did.

I made the dish, starting with a COLD pan, clarified butter in the pan, about a tablespoon of minced garlic, and saute until it's hot. Pasta in my hot water bath. Once the garlic starts to cook, in goes the pasta, some cold, whole butter, and some goat's cheese. Flip and roll until the whole butter melts, as does the cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Plate, sprinkle more goat's cheese on top, garnish with chives and some parmesan croutons, and out it goes.

I was told she LOVED it!
Oh yum, That sounds freaking good!

jkath

ooooooooooooooh....! Pasta's my ultimate comfort food, and with extra butter and goat cheese - whoo-hoo! Heaven, Allen!

AllenOK

Sounds more like a heart attack in the makings :):oops::bonk:

Many years ago, I worked with a cook who said his goal in life was, "to kill 10 people from heart attacks from all the butter he put in his food."

I found out several months ago, that in fact, this particular cook has had 3 or 4 heart attacks. I hope he's changed his cooking habits!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Hey, Sush, you changed your name back! Man it was like talking to one of my errant personalities who thinks he's a Prussian cavalry general. Very confusing.

As for the air-bag, I read in bed and turn the pages very vigorously...

Hmmmm..... are they expensive? Send me a link for it! :lol::thumb: