Thursday Feb 19th What's Cookin' En Su Casa?

Calicolady

I bought a 5lb. piece of pork yesterday and 2 2lb. bags of saurkraut.
I braised the pork, then cut up an onion and 4 garlic cloves.
Put the pork in a large covered roasting pan, briefly fried the drained kraut, onions and garlic in the pan I braised the pork in. Then threw it in with the pork.
Cooked it all for about 1 1/2 hours. Browned some quartered potatoes, then threw them in with the meat and cooked everything uncovered about 30 minutes more.
I made it last night to give 1/2 to the dad and keep 1/2 for me tonight.
I still have the smell in my nose and can't wait.

Last edited:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
We have a ton of sides to use up, so the big thing is finding what will be the center piece of the meal!!!

lilylove

.... Picking us a small take and bake pizza! Kind of a traditional, night before travel dinner.

1/2 ham and tomato for Paul
1/2 onion and mushroom for me

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
.... Picking us a small take and bake pizza! Kind of a traditional, night before travel dinner.

1/2 ham and tomato for Paul
1/2 onion and mushroom for me

wish i was back in WA, i miss Papa Murphy's

we are doing something with chicken leg 1/4's just not sure yet what.lol

lilylove

I wish you were here too Bam... I wanna come eat at your house! All those recipes you've been posting make me very hungry!

Constance

We're having beef'n noodles with a side of broccoli. DH is putting the chuck roast in the crock pot right now.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
A spinach lasagna tonight with a side salad and garlic bread.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We had 4 crab cakes frozen that we hadn't cooked the other night so my wife and I will be having it. I will probably make some yellow rice and steamed broccoli with that.

buckytom

Grill Master
dunno yet.

there's leftover chinese, leftover pot roast, and dw will assuredly make something. there's chicken tenders, split breasts, ground toikey, and an angus london broil.

so my guess is takeout, again... :yuk:

suziquzie

It seems whatever had them hurling last night has left.
YAY!
So I'm back up for listening to whining about how terrible dinner is and making pork chops with an apple/cranberry chutney.
Let the screaming begin!!!!!

PanchoHambre

Ok mom finally sent the filetto di pomodoro recipe and LOL it uses Prociutto not Pancetta as I thought.... there is a similar one with pancetta to follow apparently.... I am actually wanting this and its pretty simple so maybe I will do it... oh and it requires wine.. .I could really use that right about now as well