Dinner, Monday, Feb. 16?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Probably pretty light today and tonight. Perhaps a breakfast for dinner night.

PanchoHambre

well as I never completed this weekends culinary mission I have a bunch of brisket left with a bunch of Mexican toppings... so maybe a Big Brisket Burrito.

lilylove

Last nights Italian... so wonderful. Leftovers!!! Underpriced for a change and very very tasty large portions.

homecook

I've got a couple pork tenderloins defrosting. Not sure what I'll be doing with them yet. I have a lot to do later today so we'll see.

Barb

buckytom

Grill Master
dw's sick as a dog, and i have to work late. so dinner will be whatever i can scrounge up after i get home and help get my boy to bed. then i have to go food shopping.
i'm thinking popeye's chicken, maybe.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I've got a couple pork tenderloins defrosting. Not sure what I'll be doing with them yet. I have a lot to do later today so we'll see.

Barb

i turn on one side of the grill, put some wood chips on the lit side, and put the tenderloin on the unlit side... indirect heat for these

i usually marinate them and inject them prior though

suziquzie

no clue. but i can take my time, i brought home a few bagels to stuff the kids with to buy me a little time... hehe..... and they think i was just being nice......

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well our plans change, my sister in law will be over with her daughter so we are making baked ziti. Got the pasta cooking now with 1/2 lb of ground sirloin and 1/2 Italian sweet sausage (home made no casings) browned with some onion and garlic then simmering in my red sauce till we load the pan for the oven. Have some fresh
Provolone, Pecorino, Parmesan that I blend and mozzarella cheese with it as well. Layer of the meat and sauce, layer of pasta, layer of cheese then repeat until pan is filled and mozzarellas on top. Oven for till cheese melts on top and ready to serve with Italian bread done as standard garlic bread.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Ummmm... the chicken I meant to have last night. It's soaking in buttermilk and spices at the moment!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your DW BT, hope she feels better soon!

We are having black bean soup tonight.

homecook

Barb

Dh wants these sliced and pounded, breaded and make a mushroom sauce to go over. So I guess that's what I'm doing.
We'll have mashed taters and broccoli to go with it.

Barb

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Opened a can of progresso low sodium minestrone. Opened another can of campbell's tomato. Mixed them in a pot.

Warmed up a Philly pretzel from the freezer.

You know it's Monday around here. I've got roasted duck in the fridge, and open raviolis with lobster...but I'm eating canned soup and frozen pretzels.

chowhound

Nothing left to do but decide on the sides in the next 70 minutes or so....

Attachments

• raw meatloaf.jpg
    raw meatloaf.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 145

PanchoHambre

Well I scrapped the Brisket saving that for sammies...

Burritos with beans, rice, guacamole, SC, Salsa, Queso Fresco

beans are simmering rice is cooking and my Guac looks excellent. It's gonna be good.

chowhound

Thanks Buddy, thanks Trish.
I took a picture this time before I drowned my potatoes in sour cream... God I love sour cream :^)

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Ok, I whimped out a bit from the original plan, but ended up with fried chicken, boiled red taters, and corn. Nothing special, but good!