Sampling Grapes before you buy them, anyone ??

So, other than Grapes and cherries, what else have u ' secretly' sampled prior to buying it at the supermarket?? Im not talking about when they have it cut up for you with toothpicks to try, but when u have to look both ways, then up at the ceiling to make sure there are no cameras...

larry

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
:yum:

DW will often get a bottled drink from the cooler (Water, Sun Drop, etc) and sip on it as we’re shopping. When we go to checkout, it’s half empty! I keep waiting for someone to jerk us up for shop lifting.

Once, she ordered a sandwich from the deli, and actually ate it as we shopped (she missed breakfast that day) and there was nothing but the paper wrapper to be scanned at checkout! :shock: :lol:

Ive seen a lot of parents open snacks up just to shut their kids up. nothing worse then following a screaming kid from aisle to aisle, hell id buy something for the kid myself just to shut them up.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't sample anything before buying, larry. Unless it's offered, I just take my chances that it'll be good and I'll like it.

And I never return anything. I'm a retailer's dream shopper. :)

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
No I've never done that unless it was a sample being given out in the store. I've actually gone an purchased a product though after tasting some samples given away.

AllenOK

Last year, PeppA and myself were grocery shopping. Never, NEVER, take hungry kids grocery shopping! We made the mistake of getting a couple bunches of bananas. One of them skinned a banana and ate half of it before we even noticed, just as we were approaching the checkout line. Luckily, the cashier laughed.

I remember once my kids grabbed the broccoli and were actually fighting over the piece they had broken off to eat ( they were about 5 and 7 at the time). Some old guy looked at them and laughed and said " now ive seen everything, kids fighting over broccoli'

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I dont return anything either.:thumb:

I make my wife do it :shock:

I hate returning stuff too, and will usually just keep it in a closet. DW on the other hand will return something in a heartbeat! No telling how much money she has saved/recollected for us over the years.

Calicolady

No I've never done that unless it was a sample being given out in the store. I've actually gone an purchased a product though after tasting some samples given away.

Ditto.
I'm not a germaphobe, but do you know where those grapes have been? YIK, YIK, YIK!

I don't open packages either. I heeded the advice not to shop hungry after buying enough for a family of 4, once!
That was a Costco bonanza!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I remember once my kids grabbed the broccoli and were actually fighting over the piece they had broken off to eat ( they were about 5 and 7 at the time). Some old guy looked at them and laughed and said " now ive seen everything, kids fighting over broccoli'

With as much stem as they leave on nowadays, you are well within your rights to take a bite! :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
:yum:

DW will often get a bottled drink from the cooler (Water, Sun Drop, etc) and sip on it as we’re shopping. When we go to checkout, it’s half empty! I keep waiting for someone to jerk us up for shop lifting.

Once, she ordered a sandwich from the deli, and actually ate it as we shopped (she missed breakfast that day) and there was nothing but the paper wrapper to be scanned at checkout! :shock: :lol:

only shoplifting if you take it out of the store..lol

yes i have and do sample stuff..if its not sweet i dont buy it.lol

jpmcgrew

I have had bottled water while shopping and just pay for it at check out sometimes I will sample a grape or cherry to make sure they are sweet.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Nope, I may or may not try samples but I don't take things not offered. However, I have opened something up and eaten it while in a store and paid for it at the checkout.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou samples the donuts...hahhahhahaha...truly. He says it's the price of doing business with him!

MikeStewart

I always taste grapes before I buy them.

Nothin' worse that sour grapes.

I really don't care who is looking.

If I'm buyin' 'em. I'm going to try one.

Mike

mixfinder

Some shoppers are more intimate with produce than their own bed partners. By the time someone has squeezed, smelled, pushed and shaken and then decided not to take the object of their imporper advances, who wants to buy used produce?!? Do have any idea how many hands have fondled your next melon or ear of corn? It also slows down the rate of speed though the produce isle if some "careful" shopper is proposing to a tomato.

suziquzie

LOL Trish, you should shop with TJ and I..... and watch the germophobia fun!

My mother has however gone off the deep end on this subject and has been washing her cantaloupe and pineapple with a little soap and water before cutting into them.

Don't EVER let me go that far....

I wouldnt think of buying grapes without tasting one, and I dont care who is looking. That is about the only thing I sample, but I always sample grapes.