Sunday Feb, 15th Din-dins.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I made cheese blintzes for the first time tonight and they were soooo good. The crepes turned out perfectly - and they were even round! I will need to double the crepe recipe (that I had already doubled) because the crepes seemed to disappear as I was making them.

I served them with a little powdered sugar and topped with fresh pureed strawberries. I swear, I feel like Julia Child!

Woo-Hoo!! Excellent job! Post a recipe already!!! :lol:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
^The sauce won't be as clear as one would be if made with cornstarch and if you don't cook the flour long enough it will taste really bad.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Honey Sesame Chicken is a medium colored, thick sauce, so clarity isn’t a problem. Make your slurry right, and bring the sauce back to a boil (as you should with all slurries), and it should be fine. You don’t need to add a lot of flour to this, so impact on flavor is minimal. You can also season your slurry if you’re worried.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
DW, queen of all salad makers, provided a largish simple garden salad and that was all we could handle tonight.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Honey Sesame Chicken is a medium colored, thick sauce, so clarity isn’t a problem. Make your slurry right, and bring the sauce back to a boil (as you should with all slurries), and it should be fine. You don’t need to add a lot of flour to this, so impact on flavor is minimal. You can also season your slurry if you’re worried.

OK, ya'll missed my first post on this, LOL. I did use the flour slurry, and it came out great! The package showed it with a kinda red color, and mine was more brown color, but either way it wasn't supposed to be clear.
It did disappear fast, though!! LOL.

buckytom

Grill Master
i made my mom's pot roast in the crock pot, with a few changes. dw made mashed spuds and biscuits to go with it.

in the morning, i seasoned a 5 pound rump roast with kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, thyme, and savory. i let it sit for a while, then browned it well on all sides. into the crok pot it went with a few halved onions, roughly chopped carrots, and a quartered bulb of fennel. i deglazed the browning pan wiith a can of beef stock, and added it too with some water.

5 hours later, i plated the meat and veggies, then added some butter and a corn starch slurry to the remaining liquid to make gravy.

it was so good that there's only a little left from a big roast.