Suggestions for Iron Chef Ingredient

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
It looks like we're going to have fun with NCTs Iron Chef II. In that thread, a few mentioned they'd like to join, but can't this week, so it seems we have interest in an IC3!! :lol:

So, I figure we should post ideas for the ingredient here. And on Sunday, 5/24/09, I'll compile a numbered list of all suggestions and then use a random number generator to pick the ingredient.

http://www.random.org/

Vera has already suggested:

1. Corn
2. Beef

If you have any ideas, juts pop into this thread and post them. We’ll let the random number generator do the rest when it is time.

I think we should try to avoid anything that is overly expensive or hard to find though?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Re: Suggestion for IC3 Ingredient

shrimp
ribs (any kind,any cut,any animal)
beans
Anything Goes category
Steak
Pizza
Quesadillas
Burgers
Appetizers
Chicken Wings
Desserts
Breads

chowhound

lol, that was pretty funny, too.
I guess your shoulder is feeling better.
Bwahahahaha.

;^)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Here’s how it looks so far. Keep ’em coming!

1. Corn
2. Beef
3. Potatoes
4. Fruit
5. Turkey
6. Ground Meat (any kind as long as it is ground)
7. Chicken
8. Bacon
9. Cheese
10. Shrimp
11. Ribs (any kind, any cut, any animal)
12. Beans
13. Steak
14. Pizza
15. Quesadillas
16. Burgers (any kind of meat or meatless)
17. Chicken Wings
18. Bread
19. Sandwiches (any kind of meat or meatless)
20. Mushrooms
21. Fish
22. Pasta
23. Eggplant
24. Eggs

lilylove

Cool!

I think somewhere down the road would be a better time for a "any" ingredient though.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

shrimp
ribs (any kind,any cut,any animal)
beans
Anything Goes category
Steak
Pizza
Quesadillas
Burgers
Appetizers
Chicken Wings
Desserts
Breads

What do you mean? More of a theme or something?

i would think that an "any" ingredient would be good anytime..its like having a joker in a poker game...its always a good thing..lol

with that category, it gives everybody a chance to cook their favorite dish no matter what the ingredient is

lilylove

Sorry... I thought someone had said that it could be any ingred. ( have a migrane and took a pain pill) DON'T listen to me!! :yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

i would think that an "any" ingredient would be good anytime..its like having a joker in a poker game...its always a good thing..lol

with that category, it gives everybody a chance to cook their favorite dish no matter what the ingredient is

I thought when you posted anything goes you were sub-heading steaks, pizza, etc.

Anything goes kind of defeats the Iron Chef theme though, doesn’t it. I mean, we won’t all be cooking the same thing. Perhaps a better idea would be:

Appetizer
Dessert
Main Course
etc….

Like Chopped does? That way, we all cook a type of cuisine (appetizer, main, etc), but the actual ingredients are up to you?

In Iron Chef, they actually make Cocktail, Appetizer, Main, and Dessert all from the same ingredient. I saw Shrimp Ice Cream once for a dessert! And I just saw Mario Batali make an awesome cocktail out of black rice for a Rice battle.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

yup all makes sense Keltin...

i think we have lots of ideas... i think we should make the number generator have a maximum of say 25(just # i am shooting out there) ingredients...that way when we do one ingredient, we can replace it with another one and not have it repeated..

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

If desired, we could intersperse the current list with themes of:

Cocktail
Appetizer
Main Course
Dessert
Grilled/Broiled
Baked
Slow Cooked/Smoked (crock pot, overnight cook, smoker, etc)
Stove Top (only cooked on the top of your stove)

Or we could wait for IC4?

The list we have now can be saved and used over and over, all we need do is knock the used ingredient off and add more.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

i think to make this just simple to start...start with an ingredient.. dont limit it to how its cooked or the meals course...KISS for the first little bit..lol

If desired, we could intersperse the current list with themes of:

Cocktail
Appetizer
Main Course
Dessert
Grilled/Broiled
Baked
Slow Cooked/Smoked (crock pot, overnight cook, smoker, etc)
Stove Top (only cooked on the top of your stove)

Or we could wait for IC4?

The list we have now can be saved and used over and over, all we need do is knock the used ingredient off and add more.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

i think to make this just simple to start...start with an ingredient.. dont limit it to how its cooked or the meals course...KISS for the first little bit..lol

Agreed, KISS is best.

And Sushi, that is a differnt type of KISS, so no backroom action! :yum: