What's Cooking NCT Sun. 3/17/2013 to Sat. 3/23/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! Éirinn go brách (I'm Irish today LOL)

Guess what I am cooking today .................

Corned beef of course.
I would like to make some jalapeno bagels but not sure I will get to it.

Enjoy the day

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm of Scottish descent but I married a man of Irish descent :ohmy: We'll be having corned beef and cabbage as well.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Have a pork shoulder roast in the slow cooker since 11 am. Mashed taters and sauerkraut will be added shortly.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love my pressure cooker :wub:

Attachments

• dinner03172013.jpg
    dinner03172013.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 378

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! It was about 2 1/2 lbs.. I brought it up to pressure and cooked it for 60 minutes. Released the pressure, removed the beef and wrapped it in foil. Put the carrots, potatoes and cabbage in the broth, brought it back up to pressure and cooked the veggies for 5 minutes. Then, I released the pressure and had a wonderful dinner.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! It was about 2 1/2 lbs.. I brought it up to pressure and cooked it for 60 minutes. Released the pressure, removed the beef and wrapped it in foil. Put the carrots, potatoes and cabbage in the broth, brought it back up to pressure and cooked the veggies for 5 minutes. Then, I released the pressure and had a wonderful dinner.
thanks for the tip. I will have to try that next time.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

I forgot to say that I put 1 can of beef broth and enough water to just cover the beef along with 1 onion quartered and the spices.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Gonna be a rainy day today. I'm thinking it's a good day for soup. Maybe bacon cheeseburger.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Cold, drizzly day in NE Ohio today. I think it will be breakfast for dinner. Gotta see if I have any b'fast sausage in the freezer.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Wife and i shared a meatball foot long at subway while shopping. Will probably nuke some pork and sauerkraut with mashed taters later.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW came home from work coughing and hacking with a cold. Seems like everyone at her work has had a cold or the flu in the past week or so, so it's not surprising that she caught it.

Anyway, she asked for French toast to go with the b'fast sausage, so my job is to satisfy her desire. She just had the toast, and I scrambled up the egg wash that had cinnamon in it...that's why the eggs are ugly!:mrgreen:

Dinner031813_zps4f9f14e8.jpg

Just for giggles, I pulled out the 40-year old Sunbeam 1250 watt fry pan to make the French toast in. I'd forgotten how nice this pan is to use. I was planning on making chicken paprikash this week, and I'll probably make it in the Sunbeam.

Attachments

• Sunbeam 1250 watt pan.jpg
    Sunbeam 1250 watt pan.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 907

Embryodad

No pics for St. Paddy's day! Tina took them and I have no clue what her fingers did to throw the thing all out of focus. ????/

Today...Monday ( 18 march )
Supper was good.
The neighbor nextdoor made wonderful pea soup with sausage and smoked bacon.
"T" and I had nice Grilled cheese and Tomato.

snowmeals011.jpg

snowmeals012.jpg

snowmeals013.jpg

Embryodad

DW came home from work coughing and hacking with a cold. Seems like everyone at her work has had a cold or the flu in the past week or so, so it's not surprising that she caught it.

Anyway, she asked for French toast to go with the b'fast sausage, so my job is to satisfy her desire. She just had the toast, and I scrambled up the egg wash that had cinnamon in it...that's why the eggs are ugly!:mrgreen:

Dinner031813_zps4f9f14e8.jpg

Just for giggles, I pulled out the 40-year old Sunbeam 1250 watt fry pan to make the French toast in. I'd forgotten how nice this pan is to use. I was planning on making chicken paprikash this week, and I'll probably make it in the Sunbeam.
Looks Great Joe!

Tina fries the breading from when she fries chicken etc. I like it, but it's greasy.

that's an older electric fry pan (skillet). They were the best without the non stick.

Tina's mom had a heavy old Sunbeam, and the handle control thermostat burned up.
That was the day's before going on line to try and get the part.
Boy, did that pan cook great, and Nothing Stuck to it!
It was so old, that the control didn't plug in or could be removed. It was built right onto as the handle of the fry pan.
Now that I think of it....it may have been a GE.??

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Made the Bacon Cheeseburger Soup that I didn't get to yesterday. It's a favorite here.

Attachments

• dinner03192013.jpg
    dinner03192013.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 266

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Joe! Your soup looks wonderful! I really need to try making homemade noodles.

Talk about being on the same page....I thought about making bread bowls too but I had a bunch of errands to run and honestly, I was just too tired from everything that happened yesterday.

Embryodad

Mama...the soup looks great!

Joe!... Nice bread. What'd you do with the dug out?....Eat it? hahahahaha

I just got a good Idea! ... See if they have a bowl that LOOKS LIKE a Bread Bowl.
I would eat one filled with spaghetti and meatballs.

I'll bet there is a bowl like that. hahahahaha

I have a bowl the kids bought me for one fathers day...... A small Toilet!
I think Tina threw it out silently! .....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Nothing to say you can't fill a bread bowl with s'ghetti and Sunday gravy, then eat the bowl. You can make bread bowls from any bread dough recipe, so Italian would be the logical choice for the pasta & sauce.

Embryodad

Nothing to say you can't fill a bread bowl with s'ghetti and Sunday gravy, then eat the bowl. You can make bread bowls from any bread dough recipe, so Italian would be the logical choice for the pasta & sauce.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ..... my bowl would spill spaghetti out the sides because I like to eat the bread with the spaghetti. LOL

I tried searching for a Bowl, shaped like a loaf of bread....and Not a One out there!
It would make a great serving bowl....
Geeze...maybe I'll just take up pottery and ceramics. :thumb:

Embryodad

Arf...Arf...Arf... "Gravy Train" ...Come & Get it !!!
Tender Beef Chunks In Hearty Gravy..... with Button Mushrooms
Over Wide Penn Dutch Egg Noodles!!...

kibblesbits003.jpg

AND...................

That's a "Spicy Meat-a-Ball!"[

kibblesbits004.jpg

All Great Food From Great TV Commercials!!!

Only Kidding..... It was "Delicious!"

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW! Everything looks fantastic. I would love to try some of everything.

I have been working so DD's have been cooking.

Monday chicken breast over salad
Tuesday chicken breast, rice and mixed veggies
I'm told tonight will be chicken ala king over rice and green beans.

pharmerphil

The wife and I can never eat a whole c.b. brisket it seems...and the store bought cabbage is...well..store bought this time of year..

So, we had homemade Reuben's ...as we did last year..
Deli sliced corned beef & Swiss Lorraine
Our own homemade fermented kraut
And a nice loaf of homemade rye bread...
:blush: dang, I better check for leftovers :)

Embryodad

fishth.jpg

Gee...That Tinagirl Kid of mine really made my Codfish the way I like it...
Steam cooked in oil and butter with white wine and tomatoes.
Check out the salad now. It's been 3 hours and NO Digestive Distress Yet!.....Yellow Rice was GoO Ooo oOod!:readytoeat:

cod001.jpg

Just 20 minutes ago...Tina made me a snack of a thin burger and cheese, on buttered light toast!...I will skip dessert.

I confess: I had dessert. "Tastycake" chocolate cupcakes and a coffee. ;)

Embryodad

The wife and I can never eat a whole c.b. brisket it seems...and the store bought cabbage is...well..store bought this time of year..

So, we had homemade Reuben's ...as we did last year..
Deli sliced corned beef & Swiss Lorraine
Our own homemade fermented kraut
And a nice loaf of homemade rye bread...
:blush: dang, I better check for leftovers :)

Hi...Welcome to the forum family
The Reubens sound great... That will be my supper tomorrow. We had leftover, and I have rye bread too. Gortta have rye with corned beef.:readytoeat:
(((JIMMY)))