What to do with fat free cheese slices?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And I use the word "cheese" very loosely. Probably "cheese food".

I have a package and a half of these horrible things.

I hate to toss out food.

Any ideas?

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I know what you mean about not wanting to throw something out, even if you don't like it. When I get something I don't like I leave it in the back of the fridge until it gets green. Then I don't feel guilty throwing it out.

Or I give it to a neighbor.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Bear and Liam are specially trained to help in these situations. LOL

Lee, maybe Frilled cheese on Rye with Heinz Hamburger pickles. One of m,y faves anyway, but there is a lot of flavor there to distract from the cheese.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I use a combo of Sage and Andy's approach, but I find that if it is something really unappetizing, our dogs won't eat it. They will not, for example, eat storebought cookies. And I'm not sure that processed cheese food will ever turn green...maybe you could glue them together to make place mats or as a last resort, scatter them in pieces on your lawn for the birds to eat. Here, the iguanas will come and gobble up almost anything.

K

Kimchee

Work them into some dish that has other cheeses in it, like Mac and Cheese.
They might do OK on a sub or sandwich?

Crumble up and throw on yard for the animals... but use your neighbor's, in case the
animals don't want them either. ;)

(I have been known to pick through leftovers like stir fries, spaghetti and meatballs, etc, and harvest the meat before tossing the rest. Either goes in my noodle bowl lunch or the dogs' bowls, LOL... but I just HATE tossing meat. )

GotGarlic

Bear and Liam are specially trained to help in these situations. LOL

Lee, maybe Frilled cheese on Rye with Heinz Hamburger pickles. One of m,y faves anyway, but there is a lot of flavor there to distract from the cheese.

Frilled cheese is making me giggle :lol:

GotGarlic

And I use the word "cheese" very loosely. Probably "cheese food".

I have a package and a half of these horrible things.

I hate to toss out food.

Any ideas?

Lee

I understand you not wanting to toss out food, but "food" is okay to pitch :wink:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am seeing a consensus, here.

It's outta here!

Thanks for the push, guys! :)

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
they're really great if you cut diamond shapes out of each square side and then place them carefully on wax paper on a cookie sheet in the sun.

when they dry out you can use them as chinese throwing stars.

Cuisinette

they're really great if you cut diamond shapes out of each square side and then place them carefully on wax paper on a cookie sheet in the sun.

when they dry out you can use them as chinese throwing stars.

:yum::yum: way too much trouble for a frisbee