Paul McIlhenny, CEO of Company Behind Tabasco, Dies

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Paul McIlhenny, CEO of Company Behind Tabasco, Dies

Posted on February 24, 2013 by Mike from Madness

Paul C.P. McIlhenny, chief executive and chairman of the board of the McIlhenny Co. that makes the trademarked line of Tabasco hot pepper sauces sold the world over, has died. He was 68.

The company, based on south Louisiana’s Avery Island, said in a statement that McIlhenny had died Saturday. The statement, released Sunday, credited McIlhenny’s leadership with introducing several new varieties of hot sauces sold under the Tabasco brand and with greatly expanding their global reach.

Article continues at:

http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/b...o%20Madness%20March%20Newsletter#.UTjIU6N5mSM

pharmerphil

Never cared for Tabasco sauce, but it's sad he passed away..
He built quite a business..his brand, a household name

Tabasco is much too watery, and lacks any true pepper flavor and no heat, not even at the back of your tongue...
we make our own fermented pepper sauce..sometimes actually buying Tabasco sauce, Franks..or any other bland sauce..
and DUMPING it down the drain to use the bottle to store ours...when we are out of bottles

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
He did build an empire.

I've never been fond of the original recipe but they introduced a jalapeno blend a few years ago I enjoyed. It could just be me but it doesn't seem to taste the same now.

Jim