2/14/2012 Valentines day; Whats cooking

Embryodad

Had visions of pierogies for supper.....

Don't really know for sure if DW will really want that...so its Iffy Right Now.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Rib eye steaks, baked potatoes, salad and homemade honey wheat rolls.....all for my honey :wub: .

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
would like steak, somehow. veg/starch tbd as usual, tho i saw twice-baked truffled potatoes on bitchin' kitchen that looked scrumptious. may make 1 as my starch.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I still feel lousy and have a fever. I think I am staying home from work today. My DD may have caught my cold. I am thinking eggs for dinner.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I still feel lousy and have a fever. I think I am staying home from work today. My DD may have caught my cold. I am thinking eggs for dinner.

Awwww, Peep! I'm sorry you and DD feel lousy. I hope you DO stay home and rest!

I think spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight (cuz it's RED! LOL!)

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Awwww, Peep! I'm sorry you and DD feel lousy. I hope you DO stay home and rest!

I think spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight (cuz it's RED! LOL!)

Lee
Thank you Lee. I just called out. Lots of people sick at worrk and it is like 80F+ in there with no circulation. People have been going home with breathing problems or just from the heat. I bring a small fan to ward off the heat but the germs got me. The building owners (it is a 5 story office building) have had it looked at but haven't had it fixed yet. I think it's part of the reason so many people are sick.

Embryodad

Thank you Lee. I just called out. Lots of people sick at worrk and it is like 80F+ in there with no circulation. People have been going home with breathing problems or just from the heat. I bring a small fan to ward off the heat but the germs got me. The building owners (it is a 5 story office building) have had it looked at but haven't had it fixed yet. I think it's part of the reason so many people are sick.
Oh! Nooo peep...
We call that Sick Building Syndrome.. (SBS)
More so... with no ventillation, there is a perfect germ breeding atmosphere, and sickness from high CO2 concentrations which may cause tiredness and a lack of Oxygen.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh! Nooo peep...
We call that Sick Building Syndrome.. (SBS)
More so... with no ventillation, there is a perfect germ breeding atmosphere, and sickness from high CO2 concentrations which may cause tiredness and a lack of Oxygen.
Everyone is tired and drinking lots of coffee. At least they provide coffee, tea, hot chocolate, sugar, sweet n low, forks, knives, spoons, cups and powdered coffee mate. LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
staying the evening & next few days w/ my bro & SIL, so i'll have the food they make. glad i haven't thawed anything yet.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Peeps, you're not alone with the "crud." I think I picked it up on the plane ride from Cleveland to San Juan, because I started to get congested last Friday, and had it in my head and chest for the return flight home on Saturday...not so much fun at 35,000 feet in a pressurized pop can. At lease I got to enjoy most of the cruise, and wasn't a burden on DW.

Anyway, loaded up with head and chest congestion relief drugs, I still managed to make dinner for DW with some ham slices, leftover roasted taters from Sunday tossed in buttered bread crumbs with Italian herbs, then steamed and candied fresh cut carrots and broccoli. No prisoners were taken.

Dinner021412.jpg

Embryodad

Peeps, you're not alone with the "crud." I think I picked it up on the plane ride from Cleveland to San Juan, because I started to get congested last Friday, and had it in my head and chest for the return flight home on Saturday...not so much fun at 35,000 feet in a pressurized pop can. At lease I got to enjoy most of the cruise, and wasn't a burden on DW.

Anyway, loaded up with head and chest congestion relief drugs, I still managed to make dinner for DW with some ham slices, leftover roasted taters from Sunday tossed in buttered bread crumbs with Italian herbs, then steamed and candied fresh cut carrots and broccoli. No prisoners were taken.

Dinner021412.jpg
Feel Better Joe...

Those Ham slices are so nice and lean! Wow!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
get well, guys. peep, people get ill from being indoors during the germ-ridden seasons. well dinner was delicious. lobster ravioli w/ alfredo sauce, & my brother gave me a chunk of steak so redd in the center we decided it was raw. the exterior was perfect. pix when i get in friday. not of the steak- of the ravs. the steak was half gone when i remembered a pic of that.

Embryodad

get well, guys. peep, people get ill from being indoors during the germ-ridden seasons. well dinner was delicious. lobster ravioli w/ alfredo sauce, & my brother gave me a chunk of steak so redd in the center we decided it was raw. the exterior was perfect. pix when i get in friday. not of the steak- of the ravs. the steak was half gone when i remembered a pic of that.
Old school luvs..says.. Ya gotta have lots of cold and lots of snow to kills the germies!...
This is sickness weather!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Old school luvs..says.. Ya gotta have lots of cold and lots of snow to kills the germies!...
This is sickness weather!

people get ill most commonly from the germs breeding in warm indoor environornments where people tend to remain, trying to stay cozy. in milder seasons, we're not cooped together so if 1 gets ill, most won't get it, & the a/c is on. there may be allergens, that's a whole 'nuther story, tho. flu, colds, etc.'re from bacteria & viruses, not the cold weather. take the same group of people in the summer, & very few get ill- due to the the germs not multiplying as rapidly & fewer staying indoors to avoid the winter cold passing the germs from one to the other, surface to surface.

think of it.

Embryodad

people get ill most commonly from the germs breeding in warm indoor environornments where people tend to remain, trying to stay cozy. in milder seasons, we're not cooped together so if 1 gets ill, most won't get it, & the a/c is on. there may be allergens, that's a whole 'nuther story, tho. flu, colds, etc.'re from bacteria & viruses, not the cold weather. take the same group of people in the summer, & very few get ill- due to the the germs not multiplying as rapidly & fewer staying indoors to avoid the winter cold passing the germs from one to the other, surface to surface.

think of it.
Yeah! I hate when people are all cooped up.
When we go out to eat in a restaurant....I bring my own fork and knife.
My own bottle of water too.
Coffee goes in a to-go cup too! L O L

I went OVER THE TOP last night!!! Bought two BEHEMOTH lobsters - one 3.84 pounds; one 3.64 pounds. Had to cook them individually since I didn't have a pot large enough to hold the two of them. Tender, sweet, chock full of roe (my favorite). So big that we both ended up just eating the claws & knuckles. I'll be picking the bodies & dicing up the monster tail meat to use in "Lobster Rolls" & "Emeril's Seafood Chowder" for tomorrow night's dinner. Anything left over will go into the freezer to add to a seafood pasta sauce or a quesadilla or something in the future.

For V-Day gifts, hubby brought home a dozen lovely (Rainforest Organic) long-stem pink roses, a dvd I wanted, & a bright red insulated "hoodie"; I gifted hubby with some of his favorite chocolates being held by - get this - a "Monty Python & the Holy Grail" plush doll of the "Black Knight", with removable bloody arms & legs. ("It's just a flesh wound!" Lol!!!) I always get him something "red" for V-Day, so figured this was it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yeah! I hate when people are all cooped up.
When we go out to eat in a restaurant....I bring my own fork and knife.
My own bottle of water too.
Coffee goes in a to-go cup too! L O L

I'll use the forks and knives in a restaurant, but I hate, hate, hate eating with those flimsy plastic forks (the more sturdy plastics forks are alright though). I had this favorite little Chinese place in the mall and they gave you those flimsy plastic forks, so I started carrying a fork in a baggie in my purse. After about the second time going through security in the airport that I heard, "Mam, do you have a fork in your purse?" :unsure::eek: I started leaving it at home.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I'll use the forks and knives in a restaurant, but I hate, hate, hate eating with those flimsy plastic forks (the more sturdy plastics forks are alright though). I had this favorite little Chinese place in the mall and they gave you those flimsy plastic forks, so I started carrying a fork in a baggie in my purse. After about the second time going through security in the airport that I heard, "Mam, do you have a fork in your purse?" :unsure::eek: I started leaving it at home.

I have a set of break apart chop sticks for these times. They look similar to the ones in the pic but are all stainless and come in what looks like a eyeglass case.

custom signature goes here___________________ :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329339814573.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329339814573.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 115

Embryodad

I have a set of break apart chop sticks for these times. They look similar to the ones in the pic but are all stainless and come in what looks like a eyeglass case.

If I'm pressed to the edge...I'll use the knife as a fork.
actually... when I smoked...I would flame the fork with my butane cigarette lighter to kill the germs.

I could never use chop sticks unless I could stab the food with them.
I never order anything I have to use a spoon for unless I have my plastic fork, knife, and spoon kit wrapped in the cellophane paper with the napkin, and the papaer filled salt and pepper squares.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Easy chop stick use tutorial. Lol

Take about an inch of rubber tuning like they use for.fish tanks. Cut two holes in it so your chop sticks will slide inside the tube...I will post a pic of it later

Cooksie

Site Supporter

That's exactly what I need. I just googled and they're not that expensive either.

I don't get the rubber tubing thing.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
That's exactly what I need. I just googled and they're not that expensive either.

I don't get the rubber tubing thing.

Basically you are cutting out 2 slots in the rubber tubing so your chopsticks fit into it. Just copying chopsticks helpers.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329418092255.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329418092255.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 70

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
here's the pic. faux lobster ravioli w/ bottled alfredo is better than no dinner, i suppose

Attachments

• IMG_33191147.jpg
    IMG_33191147.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: