What's Cooking NCT Sun. 12/30/2012 to Sat. 1/5/2013

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well it is almost a new year!! I have meatloaf planned for dinner but things may change at any time. I will probably be making all my salads and dips for new years eve/day today so dinner may change along the way. I also want to make a lemon meringue pie.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I am making a chicken korma for dinner, need to start getting on with it.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am making a chicken korma for dinner, need to start getting on with it.
I have noticed that in the last several days MANY posts have random words turned into spam links. Like the word "start" in Miniman's above post and "meringue pie" in my post. What is going on here?

Now the spam link in Miniman's post was only showing the spam link in the quote. But has now disappeared. The spam link in my post is still there.

Leni

I'm having to take it easy. My blood pressure has decided to go sky high. So it will be clean out the refrig night. I bought a lot of munchies for New Years Day.

K

Kimchee

I'm having leftover Salmon and vegetable pasta.
Here's how it started, and here's what it looked like last night....
Damn I like salmon!

Attachments

• SalmonPastaFixinsC.jpg
    SalmonPastaFixinsC.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 266
  • SalmonNPasta.jpg
    SalmonNPasta.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 285

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have noticed that in the last several days MANY posts have random words turned into spam links. Like the word "start" in Miniman's above post and "meringue pie" in my post. What is going on here?

Now the spam link in Miniman's post was only showing the spam link in the quote. But has now disappeared. The spam link in my post is still there.

I'm not seeing them Peepers. I'll report your post and see if maybe Doc can get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the heads up!:tiphat:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not seeing them Peepers. I'll report your post and see if maybe Doc can get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the heads up!:tiphat:

I've looked back through posts including Miniman's and do not see the links you are speaking of peeps. I wonder if your browser is doing that to random words? If so you might have a computer virus.

KIMCHEE!!!!!!! That looks amazing!

I'll 2nd that. :clap: :clap: :clap: Awesome!!!!!!!!

Embryodad

Sunday... 12/30/12

Well .... The son and DIL are coming over for dinner...after Hm & Hu we don't know...we will see; we will call. etc etc

I told them I made nice meatballs in a tomato sauce if they wanted to come by and eat.

Just got a call...they are on the way to get Chinese Take Out, and what did We want. Haaaa!

So..I guess it is No Spaghetti today, and I'll have fried rice. My favorite. I guess New Years Eve will be the meatballs. Good! It's all cooked. Tastes better the next day anyway!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We had chili that Fran had made and frozen last spring. Is it safe to keep it that long before consumption? We grow our own jalapenos and that nuance made the chili a standout.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Buzz, I would think it would be safe to eat. You'll probably find out for sure in a little while though :ohmy:.

Oh RM....that looks awesome too!!!!!! :applause: Is the recipe posted?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm having leftover Salmon and vegetable pasta.
Here's how it started, and here's what it looked like last night....
Damn I like salmon!

Damn I like salmon too, and yours looks really good. It looks like you've got it marinating in something. What's in the marinade?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We're going to be having supreme pizza, wings and cut up veggies with dip while watching the battle of the tigers in the Chick-fil-a bowl.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Well, the last day of the year ended with evening mass at church, then an eclectic dinner mix of coarse ground chuck burgers on Kaiser rolls, steamed broccoli and a baked potato. I had a sweet and DW had an Idaho.

We took down all the Christmas stuff and put it away for another year...it was time. Just watching TV now and having a well deserved refreshing beverage. Doubt I'll last till midnight to watch the ball come down, but that's nothing new. Happy New year, everyone.

Dinner123112.jpg

I was late getting this posted, and now I have soup on for today. Cleaned the freezer out all the chicken pieces-parts I've been saving for awhile. It will simmer for at least 6 hours to create some good stock.

Dinner010113.jpg

Embryodad

Well, the last day of the year ended with evening mass at church, then an eclectic dinner mix of coarse ground chuck burgers on Kaiser rolls, steamed broccoli and a baked potato. I had a sweet and DW had an Idaho.

We took down all the Christmas stuff and put it away for another year...it was time. Just watching TV now and having a well deserved refreshing beverage. Doubt I'll last till midnight to watch the ball come down, but that's nothing new. Happy New year, everyone.
I was late getting this posted, and now I have soup on for today. Cleaned the freezer out all the chicken pieces-parts I've been saving for awhile. It will simmer for at least 6 hours to create some good stock.

Joe! ... Great to hear you are having chuckburgers...that's what we will be having today. LOL

The tree at least stays up, and the manger. Tina's tradition is to keep it up until Three Kings.
When we were kids, the real tree was thrown out for the Ash Man to pick up with the ashes from the coal, and she would leave up the manger and pull out this little 2 foot high tree that she bought in Woolworths that had the ornaments glued to it. She was another one that left at least the manger up until Three Kings day.....whatever!

pork/kraut & potato.

Sounds Good luvs.....

We always had pork of some sort on New Years day, but we will have it this coming weekend. Tinamommy is going to see her aunt in PA tomorrow and bring her her cookies and home made nut and poppyseed rolls; so she will stop at the restaurant purveyers, and pick up a couple slabs of pork ribs. Yummm!

I don't know the reason for having pork on new years day, but today will be a first that we don't have a roast pork, or a crown roast with stuffing. Oh! Well!......

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yum, jimmy.
my Mum used to say pork/kraut is tradition & brings lovely blessings fer the New Year.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Dinner was pan grilled boneless pork chops in the cast iron griddle pan, and paired them with Spanish rice, steamed broccoli and fried potatoes tossed in buttered & seasoned bread crumbs.

Dinner010113-1.jpg

Embryodad

Geepers... everyones meals looks so good.

BamsBBQ beans look great..

The dogs and those rolls too!

Joe.....the potatoes have me thinking about whipping up a batch for to have for breakfast tomorrow.