Laptop needed for fund raiser.

Lefty

Yank
I have a $600 budget for a laptop we can raffle off to raise money for the Sons of the American Legion program and I would like a little help. If you see a good deal around $500 please let me know. I think we can make some money if we keep it around $500. Thanks in advance for the help. I love you gals and guys. I really need to find a good deal so we can make some money for our veterans programs.

Regards. L

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What do you want? A surfer, or a work horse?

Netbooks are stripped down and can’t handle a lot of heavy extra programs, but excel at surfing the net, checking email, light Word Processing, etc. You can get them as cheap as 189 or less.

A work horse, a regular Laptop that screams like a desktop, is also possible in your price range. I’ve got to go to the computer shop in town to get another thumb drive. My guy is local, fast, and VERY price competitive. I can ask him for a quote if you like. For 500, he can make a very nice laptop.

Lefty

Yank
A regular 15.4 inch lappy. With at least 3g of ram. I am just looking for a real good deal so we can make money to help out veterans programs so it doesn't have to be the best. But on the other hand, the better a deal we get, the more we can make off of it.

TIA. L

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm sure plenty will post here, but I'll go ahead and get my guy to quote a good Lappy. I'll post the specs and you can see what you think once I have them.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh - another thing. Do you want XP 32, XP 64, or Vista? With only 3GB of ram, XP 32 is fine, but what do you prefer.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
go to best buy...look for an "open box" special... they are cheaper, come in original box, same warranty and if you talk to the manager instead of one of the salesman, you can usually get it for cheaper than on the price tag..