What's Cooking NCT? Sun. 9/18 to Sat. 9/24/2016

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Too much of anything isn't good for you...well...except for ONE thing, but I don't know any guy who's ev r had "too much" of that! :brows:

Anyhoo, pulled a package from the freezer of the skirt meat left over from trimming spare ribs, and baked it along with the sides shown. I never cease to marvel at how tender that meat is. Have enough for dinner again tonight.

IMG_1246.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: What's Cooking NCT? Sun. 9/11 to Sat. 9/17/2016

Joe, I'd be interested to know the details of cooking that skirt meat. If you have a chance, would you start a new thread of its own?

Jimmy, I'd also like to know how to make eggplant-stuffed meatballs. Same request to you.

TIA!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Either food from the festival downtown, or a neighbourhood bbq..
decisions.. decisions..

Embryodad

Tina made cabbage and bean soup!
I had a cup of it. Too stringy for me. The cabbage was that coleslaw mix, and carrots were the shredded in the bag. I love cabbage and carrots! Not shredded though!

So then we got Taco Bell for supper.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Turned out I got festival food.
Italian sausage sandwich (oh Yum!) and the vinegar fries in a cup.
The guy sprayed my fries with vinegar.
Used to be they had a plastic bottle where you could add your own.

Johnny West

The McD's in Whistler has packets of white vinegar for the fries.

Here is tonight's spaghetti casserole, an old family favorite. I used
homemade tomato juice for the base.

Attachments

• ########Basketti MS I.jpg
    ########Basketti MS I.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 149

Embryodad

Joe, I'd be interested to know the details of cooking that skirt meat. If you have a chance, would you start a new thread of its own?

Jimmy, I'd also like to know how to make eggplant-stuffed meatballs. Same request to you.

TIA!

Lee
Somewhere / somehow I posted these eggplant meatballs.
I did find pics on a previous post.... I added the recipe to the Ethnic Foods Threads

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=304983&postcount=1

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

A small eye-round tonight......... Crock or Oven ??? Decisions, decisions ....:bounce:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Last night chicken and veggie stir fry.
Tonight DD won't be home from work till after 9:30pm so not sure if she will get something on the way home. I made a late lunch of potato, mushroom, onion and tomato egg scramble. If she didn't eat I'll throw something together for us or I will have cereal or cottage cheese with peaches.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

I ate from the dinner menu at work.
Turkey tetrazzini and peas with pearl onions.
There was a spice cake with buttercream frosting too, but I passed on that.
Too much caloric intake makes for too much Lollie.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

antipasto salad & pabst-

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Re: Weekly What's cooking thread

DD ordered Dominos pizza for dinner but my tummy only made through 1/2 slice. :sad:

Johnny West

Re: Weekly What's cooking thread

The mushrooms and polenta was a hit but made the sauce from beef consommé and it was a bit sweet.

I have jury duty tomorrow and hope I'm not to tired to grill burgers. :weber:

Johnny West

It's Oktoberfest here - brats, weiswurst, red cabbage, white kraut, Swiss chard and bacon, and Paulaner bier. Apple strudel's for dessert. I even made curry ketchup for the weiswurst.

:weber:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
one of the bennies of frequent shopping is being able to keep an eye on things you know are going to go on sale.... last week I noticed a rather full shelf of vac pack USDA Choice beef tenderloin - two cuts to a package; bit over a pound. today it's 3 days from it's sell date - reduced to $11 from $3x.something.

hot pan, oven finish. mush&onion, fresh beans, boiled potatoes salt/pepp/olive oil.
yum, really yum....

Attachments

• DSC_4941.jpg
    DSC_4941.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 107

Embryodad

Leftovers from Tina's lunch at Red Lobster. Wilted salad; mushy breading on the shrimp, and wet spongy biscuits.
Coconut custard pie.

Johnny West

Tonight's brats and kraut.

Attachments

• ########Brats.jpg
    ########Brats.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 103
  • ########Brats MS.jpg
    ########Brats MS.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 100

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
...frugal...

the price of beef filet/tenderloin ain't zactly cheap! which isn't the exact definition . . . but that cut was every sizzle as good as the best we've had in restaurants - and it came without a $$$ check!

I try to keep some flexibility in the meal plan so we can eat a good bargain immediately. now and then one trips across a good deal but it's not usually something that will keep for days and days until it goes on the schedule.....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we went to a diner & i got lemon-orzo soup, dippy eggs, toast w/ butter/strawberry jam, corned-beef hash & milk-- damn. i may be teensy, 'cept i can put food away as could a champ sometimes~

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made hot dog rounds sautéed with onion then simmered in sauce made of butter, tomato paste, water and burgundy wine. Served over small pasta shells.