saturday dinner, 2/12/10 :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i am getting roast beef, buttered peas, & carrot.

yins' dinners tonite shall be~

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We plan on going out to eat. An early dinner at Long Horn is planned. I usually get salad, strip steak, asparagus with butter & grated parmesan cheese and a baked sweet tater with butter.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
On our way out shortly for late lunch/early dinner. I will probably have a green salad and tuna salad on ritz crackers later (unless I have leftovers to take home). Type to you later.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm planning on chicken cutlets with a white wine, artichoke heart, and tomato sauce over some form of pasta.

GotGarlic

I have an Italian pot roast braising in the oven. Will serve it over mashed potatoes with a salad and some rosemary/olive oil bread I picked up today.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We went to the Long Horn in Paramus on Rt 17 North. The meal wasn't as good as normal.

lilylove

I went to a wonderful bbq for lunch. Burgers, lamb chops, wonderfully salty french fries with diet sprite, lime and vodka drinks.

I shall skip dinner! :)

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm drinking Bookers right now (hiya Ronjohn!!xox)..
and about to head outside to grill a dozen oysters with a chipotle compound butter.

Then bbq shrimp NOLA style

Then lemon and herb crusted double cut frenched lamb chops, roasted duo of diced potatoes and sauteed peas.

Red Velvet cake for dessert

The wine...? gotta find that one out yet.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Went to "Ruby Tuesday's" for the salad bar, then grocery shopping. Very full...lots of good stuff on the salad bar, and teh little cheese filled biscuits are to die for. I gotta get that recipe, but the staff was not talking. Time to look for a copy cat site with it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I need to find something for dinner. Lunch was not as good as I expected. I didn't eat much, gave most of it to my girl (she only ordered soup and salad) now I need to find something to take my pills with.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sorry your dinner was a disappointment, Peeps! Vera - I hope you take some pics of that spectacular sounding dinner. Our dinner was just OK - I made stroganoff with pork tenderloin and it turned out a little tough. I think I probably cooked it too long - or not long enough, whatever. The sauce was good, and so were the fresh, buttered green beans.

Attachments

• DSCF1144.jpg
    DSCF1144.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 105

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sorry your dinner was a disappointment, Peeps! Vera - I hope you take some pics of that spectacular sounding dinner. Our dinner was just OK - I made stroganoff with pork tenderloin and it turned out a little tough. I think I probably cooked it too long - or not long enough, whatever. The sauce was good, and so were the fresh, buttered green beans.
Your dinner looks fantastic Karen! I have never made stroganoff with anything but beef. I sliced some of the pork loin very thin. I may have to try it this way. Thank you for the idea!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps. I think it would have been better if I had sliced it thin, instead of cutting it into chunks. Next time.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good to me Karen!

I made Chicken Pot Pie Soup

Mine didn't look as good as the recipe photo, but boy was it good.

I placed two buttermilk biscuits in the bowl first, then the soup.
Then had another half bowl without the biscuits.
Knocked me out for a nap too lol

2011-02-12 14-52-21.644.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Sass - that looks like true comfort food. I'm gonna make that soon! I'll have to make my own biscuits (which aren't spectacular), but burying them with that creamy chicken stuff would be just the ticket.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Sass - that looks like true comfort food. I'm gonna make that soon! I'll have to make my own biscuits (which aren't spectacular), but burying them with that creamy chicken stuff would be just the ticket.
Got quite a bit of the soup left and stored for later Karen.
Couldn't keep my hands off the biscuits.
Had them later as a snack with butter and hot tea.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good to me Karen!

I made Chicken Pot Pie Soup

Mine didn't look as good as the recipe photo, but boy was it good.

I placed two buttermilk biscuits in the bowl first, then the soup.
Then had another half bowl without the biscuits.
Knocked me out for a nap too lol

View attachment 10471
OH YUMMY Sass!! That looks so creamy and wonderful. I am off to check the recipe now.

OK recipe copied and saved. Thank you Sass.