Saturday 12/05 DInner

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I don't think I ever started a dinner thread before.

Been stumbling over bags of chicken backs and wings saved for soup in the freezer. Finally pulled them out and I have 8 backs simmering to make soup stock. May split the pot for two different veggie loads, but, soup is the dinner plan.

Andy

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Almond Baked Flounder.

Hopefully it'll come out as nice as it sounds for the IC Battle Fish lol

K

Kimchee

Grazing at a get together for the wife tonight. She's officially being told Goodbye
by her Grad School advisor.. she will get a cheesy NC State mug and a t-shirt.

Luckily, the advisor is an EXCELLENT baker/dessert maker... om nom nom nom

If still hungry when we get home... Bacon flavored spam and egg sandwiches!!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Grazing at a get together for the wife tonight. She's officially being told Goodbye
by her Grad School advisor.. she will get a cheesy NC State mug and a t-shirt.

Luckily, the advisor is an EXCELLENT baker/dessert maker... om nom nom nom

If still hungry when we get home... Bacon flavored spam and egg sandwiches!!!

Now there is something I haven't eaten in years. Used to love fried spam sandwiches with sliced onion on them. It is kind of a state dish in Hawaii though.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Been on the road a lot today - so particular dinner, fed snacks where we visited and now to find something quick & easy.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Flounder, rice and mixed vegetables

2009-12-05 16-12-08.576.jpg

homecook

That turned out great Lollie!!

I ate a late lunch but I think I'm starting to get a little hungry now.......I'll have to dig for some leftovers. lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Dee and Barb.
Looking back on the flounder, I think it would have been better plated with a simple veg on the side..
I'll learn lol

K

Kimchee

No Spam.... we got a really good slow cooked Beef in Wine, over noodles, and a tasty homemade cheesecake! Yeehaw I love cheescake!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my din din was the most delicious food i've consumed in ages!
we went to a newer restaurant. salad bar, 6/8 soups, including wonton, beef dumpling, clam chowder, & seafood soups, awww, my, was that chowder delicious. also 2 kinds of crab with lemon/clarified butter, squid, 2 sorts of mussels, 2 kinds of clams, sauteed frog, stir-fries, lo mein, rice noodles, rices, chix ft., a fruit bar, an ice cream bar, a dessert bar, veggies/very runny yet yummy smashed taters, etcetera.:wub: sushi & sashimi, fish of several sorts. so very many foos to choose from, i wouldv'e loved to try more of thier food, i was full, though.

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We never really did a formal dinner last night. Lou and I went to Brooklyn's Grimaldi's Pizza (stood an hour on line in the cold rain, too!) and then went back to Manhattan to see the tree. We eventually had burgers around 9pm.

I've got some nice pictures of the tree and a couple of awesome pictures of the pizza...post them soon.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Had to check back in. The soup is killer. I simmered the backs, wings and necks for a couple hours, removed them to a cookie sheet, and strained the broth. I let the broth set while I removed bones, skin and cartel edge. I then thoroughly washed the soup pot. I skimmed the fat and strained the rest through a paper towel. Put the meat and broth back in the pot and added carrots, celery, a few diced plumb tomatoes and a chopped head of escarole and barley. Simmered another hour.

Even after sitting in the fridge overnight, no fat on top and it tastes great. the only seasoning I used was 2 tbsp of Adobo (Red Top) and dried onion flakes.