Tuesday 4/10/2012 What's in the pot?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am making stock from what's left of the turkey. I will be making my creamy turkey soup. Not sure what else will be on the menu at the moment.

Any plans?

Embryodad

Well...DD was over, and I told her to start taking some food home for the next few days.

She was slicing some Ham..( Like a plumber ripping out old piping) with a serrated steak knife...and I said to myself. "What the heck could I make with that Ham instead of just a ham sandwich...or ham & eggs..???

Then it hit me. I remembered my Good Old Navy Day's when I would go out on the town bar hopping. My favorite bar food, was Grilled Hot Ham & Cheese sandwiches. Just like a grilled cheese..but with a few really thin thin slices of ham inbetween the cheese. Umm Umm Ummm! A few pickles on the side...a Brew in Hand...and I was Ready to Go!
It was amazing...Cold beer used to give me such an appetite...and I would scoff down three of those hot ham and cheese in a 1/2 hour.

SOooooo! That is what I have planned for supper. I will try, one on Sarah Lee white american, and one on some Honey Wheat bread that DW bought at the Walmart Market.

GotGarlic

Embryodad, I always make ham and cheese au gratin when I have leftover ham.

Tonight I'm making pan-fried flounder breaded with panko seasoned with chile powder, cumin and Mexican oregano served with cilantro-lime mayo; oven-baked fries tossed with the same seasonings; and broiled asparagus sprinkled with lemon juice.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Scrambled Eggs and Sliced Tomato

562731_2909492265266_1499378782_2054281_1760766591_n.jpg

Embryodad

Embryodad, I always make ham and cheese au gratin when I have leftover ham.

Tonight I'm making pan-fried flounder breaded with panko seasoned with chile powder, cumin and Mexican oregano served with cilantro-lime mayo; oven-baked fries tossed with the same seasonings; and broiled asparagus sprinkled with lemon juice.
That sounds good! Hmm..this ham will get put to good use now! hahahah

Embryodad

Scrambled Eggs and Sliced Tomato

562731_2909492265266_1499378782_2054281_1760766591_n.jpg
Tina said...nice and fluffy eggs. She likes them like that. She hates when I make them and brown them. She hates browned or crispy edges on the eggs.

(( Yeah! I know peep doesn't either ))

The tomatoes are so meaty!..

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Now why, and how, did you know how to flavor a tomato like that peep??

Yum! Me too! hahahahahaha

Tomato salad spices YUMMY LOL

Tina said...nice and fluffy eggs. She likes them like that. She hates when I make them and brown them. She hates browned or crispy edges on the eggs.

(( Yeah! I know peep doesn't either ))

The tomatoes are so meaty!..

Eggs should NEVER be caramelized!! LOL

with....??? Rice ?? Noodles ?? Ditalini ?? ...RRRrigatoni?? L O L

Peep's Creamy Turkey (or Chicken) Confetti Soup (click for recipe)

112710_creamy_turkey_soup.jpg

Embryodad

ideas-giving-white-almonds-wedding-800x800.jpg

Peep..
Look!!! I havn't had these in over a year..
When you mentioned "confetti" soup, it reminded me of the Jordan Almonds with the candy coating. We called them confetti candies.

My mom had them for Easter too, and used to use them in Easter basket decorations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah!.. Seeded Rye grilled ham and cheese...
Y U M M M Y!

Embryodad

They have the shiny ones too, but I like the dull ones.
AND NO! I can't wait to suck all the sugar coating candy off before I bite and chew the almonds.

Last night we enjoyed spicily-seasoned roasted chicken wings - half tossed with "Parmesan-Garlic" sauce; half with "Hot Barbeque" sauce. Blue-cheese dressing for dipping, of course. :)