What You Eating NCTers? Sunday January 27- Saturday February 2

Johnny West

After changing my mind several times I'm having leftover meatloaf with cowboy beans on the side. I had beans leftover I didn't add to the chili and just finished making a batch of cowboy beans. I'll not go overboard with them since i have an 0800 doctors appointment.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Cajun pork and black eye pea chili with southern cornbread. I LOVED this. New recipe.

Attachments

• 2019-01-30 18.23.39.jpg
    2019-01-30 18.23.39.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 119

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I had plenty of Veggy Beef Soup left-I poured it over Jasmine rice. It is good!

Attachments

• 3wd.jpg
    3wd.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 129

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Johnsonville Beef Brats (Air-Fryer), Stewed Tomatoes over White Rice, Lefty Carrots, Slaw ...

Brats, Stewes Yomatoes over Rice.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Karen, would you please post the recipe for the pork and black-eyed pea chili?

Peep, have you posted your recipe for eggplant parm? I like the way you do it - not drowned in sauce, so you can really taste the eggplant.

Thanks!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Karen, would you please post the recipe for the pork and black-eyed pea chili?

Peep, have you posted your recipe for eggplant parm? I like the way you do it - not drowned in sauce, so you can really taste the eggplant.

Thanks!

Lee

Thank you Lee.

I’ll post it later when I go on my laptop.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Bo kho. It was really tasty! I made it 2 days ago.

Attachments

• 2019-01-31 17.31.21.jpg
    2019-01-31 17.31.21.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 114

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't eat Ramen once since retiring .... I used to buy the Soup cups for break at work..... Since the gift from Peeps, I've made it three times ; once with Chicken...
It's snowing pretty good now, so I'm not getting out of here, which means it's a big experiment with those "Sale" Macaroni ...

Also, I'm not sure there are enough American slices for the 'ronies, so I may just use the Cheddar block I have, shred it and Giddy up ! Mrs. Paul's Fillets will share the plate...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Fish (sticks) sandwich.
Cream o' Pertater soup.
I'm having Breyer's waffle cone ice cream later during my movie.

20190201_170126-606x516.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Our dinner was fantastic. Our new find lived up to my expectations and exceeded them. Expensive, but worth the splurge from time to time. I didn't take pictures. We were so excited when we got our appy plates that I didn't even think about it until we had destroyed them dividing them up. I did manage to take a picture of the wine bottle label. Didn't recognize a single bottle on the wine list, but the 1 we got was great so want to try to find it.

Carpaccio de pulpo. The octopus was so tender you could cut it with a fork. I made a guess on how it was prepared and asked. Got pretty close. Marinated, rolled, compacted into a tight roulade, then cooked sous vide, sliced about 1/4 inch thick, served with a lightly dressed arugula salad, with olives, capers and some kind of tiny pickled veges. They were red, yellow, and orange, very sweet. Maybe just formed sweet peppers? I mean TINY, like half the size of a dime.

Second appy was Burrata e Bresaola della Valtellina. Same type of salad.

Craig had Gnocchi alla Sorrentina. Lovely light little clouds. No lead sinkers here. Topped with buffalo moz. Sauce was made with grape tomatoes, so was nicely balanced, not sweet, not acidy.

I had Ravioli di Cinghiale al Burro e Timo, wild boar filled ravioli in a butter thyme sauce. Rich is all I can say.

We traded bites of the gnocchi and pasta, as well as dessert, which was tiramisu and zabaglione, with espresso. The tiramisu was good (I do like mine better though, but I've tinkered with that to get it perfect for us.) but the zabaglione was fantastic! Complimentary small glasses of limoncelli after.

There were a couple of main courses we both wanted to try, but we were stuffed.

Last edited:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Our dinner was fantastic. Our new find lived up to my expectations and exceeded them. Expensive, but worth the splurge from time to time. I didn't take pictures. We were so excited when we got our appy plates that I didn't even think about it until we had destroyed them dividing them up. I did manage to take a picture of the wine bottle label. Didn't recognize a single bottle on the wine list, but the 1 we got was great so want to try to find it.

Carpaccio de pulpo. The octopus was so tender you could cut it with a fork. I made a guess on how it was prepared and asked. Got pretty close. Marinated, rolled, compacted into a tight roulade, then cooked sous vide, sliced about 1/4 inch thick, served with a lightly dressed arugula salad, with olives, capers and some kind of tiny pickled veges. They were red, yellow, and orange, very sweet. Maybe just formed sweet peppers? I mean TINY, like half the size of a dime.

Second appy was Burrata e Bresaola della Valtellina. Same type of salad.

Craig had Gnocchi alla Sorrentina. Lovely light little clouds. No lead sinkers here. Topped with buffalo moz. Sauce was made with grape tomatoes, so was nicely balanced, not sweet, not acidy.

I had Ravioli di Cinghiale al Burro e Timo, wild boar filled ravioli in a butter thyme sauce. Rich is all I can say.

We traded bites of the gnocchi and pasta, as well as dessert, which was tiramisu and zabaglione, with espresso. The tiramisu was good (I do like mine better though, but I've tinkered with that to get it perfect for us.) but the zabaglione was fantastic! Complimentary small glasses of limoncelli after.

There were a couple of main courses we both wanted to try, but we were stuffed.
I had to google everything you all ate. It sounded like a 5 star night of dining. Thank You.
:heart:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
3 of us are sick. Hub passed out last night and hit his neck on the tub. Lots of excitement! Police, EMT's, ambulance OH MY!! He got a tooth pulled and refused to get antibotics filled. EMT said he probably has the flu + an infection from tooth pull, and dehydrated. He scared the hell out of us. DD#1 had a 102 fever but it went down for now. Hub and I have low grade fevers (up and down) on and off. Nobody went to work. Garorade, tea and soup most of day for DD#1 and hub. I had pastina in chicken broth for dinner. He's taking the antibotics now. That's what's going on here.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Omg Peeps, that's terrible!
Thank God your hubby is ok.
Tooth extractions can lead to very dangerous infections if not careful.
Hope you ALL feel better real soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Omg Peeps, that's terrible!
Thank God your hubby is ok.
Tooth extractions can lead to very dangerous infections if not careful.
Hope you ALL feel better real soon.

Thank you Sass. EMT wanted him to go to hospital but he wouldn't go. He's doing much better today.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
...... What Med said, Peeps !

Last Night's Fish Fillets (Air Fryer), Mac 'n Cheese (White Cheddar) and Stewed Tomatoes....

Fish Fillets .jpg