tasty,easy,and thrifty cooking

Sweet_tooth

Banned
:fridge:Here you can post easy tasty and thrifty meals heres one my dad came up with

Egg foo old
you will need:
1 or 2 (depending on how hungry you are) packets of ramen
3 eggs

What you do:
1.cook your ramen
2.strain your ramen completely
3.crack your eggs into you ramen and add the flavor packets mix the egg,ramen,and flavor packets together
4.put the ramen into a skillet and cook like (your making scrambled eggs)
5.when its cooked put it on a plate grab a fork and enjoy
6.try hard not to get more cause it taste that good in my opinion :)

yields 1 serving

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
If you are what you eat, I am cheap, fast and easy.

I have a million and six adaptations for glorious Ramen dishes, this will be a welcome addition.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I made something similar this morning actually! It had tomato and cilantro and onion in it too. Great idea ST!

Sweet_tooth

Banned
heres Another one (its has been a while so i have trouble remembering this but i think this is it)

Cabonrra:

1 lb Parmesean cheese
1lb bacon
package of Angel hair pasta (or any kind of pasta)

1.boil the pasta
2.cook the bacon to you standards
3.mix the pasta with the bacon
4.plate warm top with parmesean and enjoy

yields 4 servings

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
There are so many things that can be made easily that are delicious using ramen noodles.
I like the pork flavoured ones with a fried egg on top, garnished with green onion.

I've also stirred 2 beaten eggs into any flavour of ramen noodles,after they've cooked and you take the pan off the stove.

Posted a recipe for similar and a pic on here one time.. don't ask me where the thread is. lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Here is a good one with poached egg and parsley--

http://cbsop.com/recipes/ramen-noodles-with-poached-eggs-and-parsley/

Summary: A super simple dish that’s simply delicious as well
Ingredients:

• 1 package Ramen or Ramyun noodles
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
  • Soy Sauce and black pepper to taste

Method:

1. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flavor packet from noodles and stir to combine well. Add noodles and boil for 1 1/2 minutes or until the noodles have softened and break apart when stirred.
  2. Reduce heat to a bare simmer (The setting will vary depending on your cooktop.) Gently add eggs to the pot, being careful not to break the yolks. Allow to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, or until whites are set.
  3. Carefully transfer noodles and eggs to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon or skimmer. Add 1/4 cup of the liquid, soy sauce and parsley. Grind black pepper over the top of the noodles and serve immediately.

Preparation time: 1 minute(s)

ramen-with-eggs-yolk-broken.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
any store-brand pasta, sauce of ur choice- homemade pesto, ur own marinara, braised cheap cuts of meat or a few portabellos if u so desire. i get diced tomatoes & cheap 'lil cans of sauce on the cheap
& use any tomatoes that seem to be too old for dining on raw for my sauce. there's also minced garlic, olive oil, & salt & pepper.
egg sammiches.
french toast.
grilled cheese of any sort.
bake a pan of macaroni & cheese. that'll feed yinz for days.
shepard's pie.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Oh yes!
My favourite egg sandwich Aubrey is soft/creamy scrambled egg on white bread, with mayo and a ton of black pepper.
Sounds so simple, but they are addicting.

i'm so glad i used the last egg, or i'd be in the kitch' makin' one. i could head dahntahn, yinz can get eggs & 'at! hehe~

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
There are so many things that can be made easily that are delicious using ramen noodles.
I like the pork flavoured ones with a fried egg on top, garnished with green onion.

I've also stirred 2 beaten eggs into any flavour of ramen noodles,after they've cooked and you take the pan off the stove.

Posted a recipe for similar and a pic on here one time.. don't ask me where the thread is. lol

How would the beaten egg cook if you take the pan off the stove... unless the heat from the noodles would cook the egg. I'm not sure!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I have also done a lot of different things using roman noodles. For one, I have cooked them according to pkg. directions and mixed them with cooked ground beef, ground pork and ground turkey. I've added tomato sauce, onions bell peppers and other spices (but leave out that little pkg. of salt that comes with the noodles. My mind can run wild with a pkg. of roman noodles. :)

chilefarmer

Man, those are some great ideas, that photo of the poached egg did it for me. I eat those noodles all the time. Just never thought about jazzing them up. Now I know what I have been missing. But no more. Thanks. CF

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Man, those are some great ideas, that photo of the poached egg did it for me. I eat those noodles all the time. Just never thought about jazzing them up. Now I know what I have been missing. But no more. Thanks. CF
CF, if I am not mistaken, Lee/QSis made that recipe and posted her pic on here a while back.
I've made it twice and yes.. it is very good.
You'll love it!