What are you doing today?

Leni

Until you hear from your doc's take it easy. If they give you the all clear then you can go all out.

Embryodad

It's a nice day!... Gonna hook up the dump trailer to the tractor, and gather limbs and stumps I cut and rid of them in the leaf heap in the back.
The wife went to Walmart, and the feed store. Need deer feed for her herd of friends that visit her for a handout every evening. LOL....

It's really cool out, and dry. No Humidity! Can't wait for winter. I'm sick of summer already!
Next few day's... I will get the snow blower ready for winter. Gotta sharpen and dress up the shovels too! Got plenty of salt chemical, but I gotta get some bags of sand.
I always like a few bags in the trunk of the car to put weight over the rear axle for traction if need be.

Leni

Not so nice here. It is overcast and 90 degrees. The remenants of the hurricane are coming up the coast. Huges waves at the beach eroding away the sand.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i rang my Dad. gave him a few 'puter lessons. sigh. he's near-60, & those concepts of 'caps' & 'lowers' seem to not adhere to his mind. i must have explained 5 times that when typing, it'll default to lowers. & he previously spoke to my brother, too, on that one. sigh. i luv my Dad. he makes me damned-near develop a case of trichotillomania often enough, tho.

goin' to a bar. 1 of my guy-pals says he would luv to get a few drafts tonite. so, if he is buying, i'm game. then he is allowed over-- to clean. he & my other guy-friend left a smattering of cans & stuff in their path. he can clean them. not my job to clean as they pollute my living room. so--

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The weather has been beautiful here, so I have knocked out my whole "to do" list of outside things :blob_blue:.

I applied my last lawn application for the year, trimmed some shrubs, washed the sunroom windows inside and out, sprayed off the patio, pulled some weeds and some runners off the side of the house, sprayed for bugs, and did a little more organizing in the garage workroom. I scored a six-drawer sterlite organizer thing for free :brows:.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my usual. bar & food. or food, then bar. once i clean. sheesh. i swear, my meowers make a dishelvement a toddler would not.

Saliha

I baked a huge cake (with banana, chocolate, whipped cream) to my father as he has birthday tomorrow. Unfortunately I hadn´t enough candles to his cake (84!) so I left them away.

:flowers:

Embryodad

I baked a huge cake (with banana, chocolate, whipped cream) to my father as he has birthday tomorrow. Unfortunately I hadn´t enough candles to his cake (84!) so I left them away.

:flowers:
Oh! Wow!
Happy Birthday To Dad!!
Tell him have a great day......
from Jimmy & Tina.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
If my tummy stays under control I will make a last picking in the garden. We had freezing temps over night and tonight should be even colder. Get it now or it will be pig feed. Damn chilly(30) and windy this morning. Had to turn the heat on to take the chill off this morning. Will need to start loading the boiler more now that I have the greenhouses using heat.

Embryodad

Had to start the boiler today. Temp went down below 40, and the house got chilly.
Normally wouldn't care, but Tina's 90 yo Uncle is staying with us, and he is always cold.
I have a special heat system for his bedroom, and he likes it 82º when he sleeps.
It is so unhealthy, but there is no changing his thinking.
I told him, if I threw a ton of sand on the floor, it would be just like being on the beach in your bedroom. LOL

Leni

That's very typical of the elderly. Ever notice how they are always dressed warmer than we are?

Saliha

Yes, that´s why because their circulation is weaker. I am working in the center for elderly and many there say that I have so much warmer hands than they have. So, mine (circulation) is better.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Have the door panel of my truck tore apart but am fighting the dang plugs for the door locks and window switches. The one for the mirrors unplugged but the other 2 are being a PITA. Need to totally remove it to see what happened with the window and get parts. Will replace the door handle while it is apart.

Embryodad

Have the door panel of my truck tore apart but am fighting the dang plugs for the door locks and window switches. The one for the mirrors unplugged but the other 2 are being a PITA. Need to totally remove it to see what happened with the window and get parts. Will replace the door handle while it is apart.
I love when the service manual shows the connector plug with a giant arrow, and says."To separate, push tab while pulling!" LOL

A great trick, is spray the connector with WD 40 . it loosens the connector.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Got it apart and the dang channel on the window glass is rusted away to nothing. Too much salt running down in there when running with the plow on the truck. So now I have to do the junkyard routine. One local place is pic-a-part where you do your own part removal. Like I need more work. As old as it is I might find the same thing when I tear it apart.

Embryodad

Got it apart and the dang channel on the window glass is rusted away to nothing. Too much salt running down in there when running with the plow on the truck. So now I have to do the junkyard routine. One local place is pic-a-part where you do your own part removal. Like I need more work. As old as it is I might find the same thing when I tear it apart.
What a kick in the pants!!

You may have to do an internet search for that one.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Local place has one and will call once they have it out. Hope it is in good shape. $50 won't be bad and I will grease it up before I put it back together.

Leni

Went to Kaiser and they drew a gallon of blood. At least this tech knew his stuff and it didn't hurt. Then it was to my nail salon for a pedicure. Of course the polish is an orange with a Halloween colored flower.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I jinxed myself in the other thread when I said I could kick myself for not buying a smart tv when the bedroom tv went out. The tv in the family room bit the dust, so I've spent the last few days finding a new one and getting it set up. I went with another Samsung, and the picture is beautiful :brows:.

I also replaced my dvd player and upgraded to BluRay. Of course the new ones have a different type of cable connector, a conspiracy to make you have to buy new connectors :glare:, so more moolah :sad:.

If it's so darn smart, it ought to be able to set up the networking by itself. I'm going to read, but I don't think that I'm going to be able to do this by myself.

Embryodad

I jinxed myself in the other thread when I said I could kick myself for not buying a smart tv when the bedroom tv went out. The tv in the family room bit the dust, so I've spent the last few days finding a new one and getting it set up. I went with another Samsung, and the picture is beautiful :brows:.

I also replaced my dvd player and upgraded to BluRay. Of course the new ones have a different type of cable connector, a conspiracy to make you have to buy new connectors :glare:, so more moolah :sad:.

If it's so darn smart, it ought to be able to set up the networking by itself. I'm going to read, but I don't think that I'm going to be able to do this by myself.

Cooksie... the Samsung is a great TV.... My son has 2 of them.
Nice sharp picture.

We got a Sony Blue Ray DVD Player with the wireless to hook up the Netflix and the other ones if so desired$$$$$ and if you want to pay.

Once the cables are hooked up....it's a pain in the neck, but I got mine to work with Netflix.
It shows what to do on the TV screen, and you follow the steps.
First I think I had to get registered with Sony....then Register with Netflix to make the payment. If I remember they direct you to your computer, and you have to sign in. Once you join ( $7.99 a month ) you are given the agreement OK.... AND... you can watch the movies on your computer or kindle.
A N D .... you can allow friends or family to use the service...I think up to 5 extra users. Pretty neat!!.....
Lots Of Luck!!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I just got the Samsung 3d smart TV and they had a deal on the 3d blu ray player with the surround sound. Worked great for the first 6 months. Since we had multiple power failures last week I can't get the TV sound to play through the player anymore. Will have to call them since they are supposed to talk with each other and did when I first set them up. I don't have either setup for internet. Have enough trouble now without that.

Embryodad

I just got the Samsung 3d smart TV and they had a deal on the 3d blu ray player with the surround sound. Worked great for the first 6 months. Since we had multiple power failures last week I can't get the TV sound to play through the player anymore. Will have to call them since they are supposed to talk with each other and did when I first set them up. I don't have either setup for internet. Have enough trouble now without that.
Do you have a cable box hooked to the TV??
If so, do a power reset on the Cable Box first, and then the TV ... Also, you may have to do a firmware upgrade on the Player. I have the same Chit on my TV in the Parlor!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie... the Samsung is a great TV.... My son has 2 of them.
Nice sharp picture.

We got a Sony Blue Ray DVD Player with the wireless to hook up the Netflix and the other ones if so desired$$$$$ and if you want to pay.

Once the cables are hooked up....it's a pain in the neck, but I got mine to work with Netflix.
It shows what to do on the TV screen, and you follow the steps.
First I think I had to get registered with Sony....then Register with Netflix to make the payment. If I remember they direct you to your computer, and you have to sign in. Once you join ( $7.99 a month ) you are given the agreement OK.... AND... you can watch the movies on your computer or kindle.
A N D .... you can allow friends or family to use the service...I think up to 5 extra users. Pretty neat!!.....
Lots Of Luck!!

That sounds easy enough. I looked last night, and the tv recognizes the wireless. I'm just afraid that I'll screw something up and won't be able to un-screw it :lol:.

What do you think about Netflix?
worth the $
can you pause, re-wind, and fast fwd the movie

I read that there's no contract, and you can cancel at any time. Five extra users is a great deal. I guess they have to be on the same cable provider or maybe even on the same wireless connection. I'm sure there's some kind of catch. There is an unbelievable learning curve to this stuff.

I saw the tvs with all the really neat stuff like 3d and ultra high definition, MM. I went smart but plain jane smart. The ultra high def's were like $1000 more...eek!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I got mine as a replacement unit for my old one from Best Buy. One time buying the extended warranty paid off. It has the glasses and everything but i have never used them. Nascar and football look good on it! That is all that matters.

Embryodad

That sounds easy enough. I looked last night, and the tv recognizes the wireless. I'm just afraid that I'll screw something up and won't be able to un-screw it :lol:.

What do you think about Netflix?
worth the $
can you pause, re-wind, and fast fwd the movie

I read that there's no contract, and you can cancel at any time. Five extra users is a great deal. I guess they have to be on the same cable provider or maybe even on the same wireless connection. I'm sure there's some kind of catch. There is an unbelievable learning curve to this stuff.

I saw the tvs with all the really neat stuff like 3d and ultra high definition, MM. I went smart but plain jane smart. The ultra high def's were like $1000 more...eek!

Yeah! You can stop it, and pick it back up later.
I love watching the Twilight Zone Episodes with Rod Serling!(sp?)
Netflix can be cancelled anytime with no penalty.
They take out 7.89 on my card every month.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Netflix is all hooked up, and I'm loving it so far! I watched Safe Haven, pretty good.

Embryodad

It was a great day today....so I finished the Engine management program for Idle Air control on the Uncle Gabes Nissan Altima.
He wants to sell it because 90 years old...and need I say More?? LOL

Fixed the miss fires and new spark plugs, and after I programmed it...I cleared the codes for the Check Engine Light.... NOW we can sell it! It's kinda hard to sell a vehicle with a check engine light on the dash!
He said,"How will anybody know?" "Just unscrew the bulb!" hahahahahahaha

Anyway.... It's all done, and I have a guy coming tomorrow who wants it! Nice!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You must save a ton of money by working on your own cars, Jimmy. I know I dread every time mine has to go in the shop...cha ching!

I have a ton of errands to run this afternoon. Of course, they're spread out all over town, so I'm trying to decide which ones I can put off until later...typical me :huh:.