Bam's Scotch Bonnet Mash

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
after searching for a way to make my own hot sauce, i have decided to make a mash and try this out...

hope this will help anybody else out so that they dont have to search anymore on how to do it...

started with some scotch bonnets

whg0b6.jpg

cleaned and stems removed...cut in half... yes i left seeds in it... i will either strain them later or liquify them when the final mash is used for hot sauce

r1z9g1.jpg

in the blender and ready to be chopped

30wv9cg.jpg

auvbt3.jpg

chopped and ready to put into the jar... danger danger Will Smith, danger danger...dont put head over blender when you open lid.. cough cough..lol

16kyt1j.jpg

2rm2h48.jpg

in the jar, added one tablespoon of pickling salt, shook... added one more tablespoon into top of peppers in jar after shaking

jtnct5.jpg

egait.jpg

boiling in the jar for 20 minutes

aub15f.jpg

maybe made into a sticky mods?lol

Calicolady

We didn't see picks of you with the gas mask on. L O L!

I couldn't even live next to you when/if you were doing that.
Oh my gut is screaming, "MAMA!".
That's rough!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I love pepper mash!! I started doing this when I ended up with a surplus of cayenne and jalapeno peppers. Truly excellent stuff! Great pictorial!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I love pepper mash!! I started doing this when I ended up with a surplus of cayenne and jalapeno peppers. Truly excellent stuff! Great pictorial!

hey i am just wondering if you could tell me how u did it...

i have read alot on the internet but there are alot of different ways to skin a cat and they all lead me to confusion..lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I never thought of doing it like that but I will. I grow habaneros which are about the same as a scotch bonnet at least they are the same to me. I've been simply dehydrating them then grinding them into a fine powder to use as I would cayenne or any other pepper spice.

simplicity

Scotch Bonnets with seeds? Aren't they the hottest peppers on the planet? I haven't used these before and don't even know if I can buy them. I like many kinds of peppers but these sound intimidating. It looks interesting. Keep us posted.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Nope about half as hot as the Bhut Jolokia chili from India. The Scotch Bonnets and Habaneros would be next though.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Nope about half as hot as the Bhut Jolokia chili from India. The Scotch Bonnets and Habaneros would be next though.

yup what he said...lol

Pure Capsaicin</B>
(~16,000,000)

Bhut Jolokia
(1,001,304)

Naga Morich or Dorset Naga
(923,000)

Red Savina Habanero
(350,000 - 577,000)

Orange habanero
& Scotch Bonnet
(150,000 - 325,000)

Devil Toung &: Fatalii
(125,000 - 325,000)

Tepin
(80,000 - 240,000)

Birds Eye
(100,000 - 225,000)

Jamaican Hot
(100,000 - 200,000)

and the list goes on..lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I actually grow the red and orange habanero. I also have some seeds for the Bhut Jolokia for next spring. These are excellent for cooking with buy the way as they lose a bit of their heat in the process but have a good taste. The habanero has a citrus taste to them in my opinion but can't put something similar to the jolokia chilies.