Ok here is my entry....

Bacon,Egg and Cheese Burger:per Burger Patty
1/4-1/2 lb Ground Beef.( I like big burgers) I use 80/20
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon diced bellpepper
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Mix all the ingredients and
Form patty
Grill over Charcoal until doneness desired.

Now, I add a fried egg, bacon and a slice of cheese to the burger on a bun. This one is with Colby Jack Cheese. Tomato, onion optional.

2B1.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: First Contest of the season: Outdoor Cookoff

That is a wonderful first entry to our Outdoor Cooking contest, Paymaster!!

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you paymaster. I was just wondering what I would cook this weekend. I have to mull over burgers.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Leg of Lamb on a Kettle Rotisserie

Cut small slices in lamb and stuff slices with garlic and rosemary leaves. Wipe meat dry with paper towels.

Brush lamb with olive oil and season with Adobo, black pepper, whatever you like.

Prepare the kettle for indirect cooking (charcoal on both sides, with a disposable foil pan in the middle).

Cook the lamb on the spit for an hour, and check the temp. Mine took an hour and 20 minutes, and it was more well-done than I'd like.

Let rest for 15 minutes.

Delicious!

Two other single women friends chipped in with me to buy the leg of lamb, since we all love it, but it's too expensive and too much meat for just one of us!

Lee

Attachments

• Kettle rotisserie.JPG
    Kettle rotisserie.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 1,148
  • Rotisserie lamb.JPG
    Rotisserie lamb.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,457
  • Rotisserie lamb, sliced.JPG
    Rotisserie lamb, sliced.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,125

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That does look mighty good! I see that piece of garlic peeking out of that top slice :readytoeat:.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Ok here is my entry....

Bacon,Egg and Cheese Burger:per Burger Patty
1/4-1/2 lb Ground Beef.( I like big burgers) I use 80/20
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon diced bellpepper
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Mix all the ingredients and
Form patty
Grill over Charcoal until doneness desired.

Now, I add a fried egg, bacon and a slice of cheese to the burger on a bun. This one is with Colby Jack Cheese. Tomato, onion optional.

2B1.jpg

WOW! Looks super!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Leg of Lamb on a Kettle Rotisserie

Cut small slices in lamb and stuff slices with garlic and rosemary leaves. Wipe meat dry with paper towels.

Brush lamb with olive oil and season with Adobo, black pepper, whatever you like.

Prepare the kettle for indirect cooking (charcoal on both sides, with a disposable foil pan in the middle).

Cook the lamb on the spit for an hour, and check the temp. Mine took an hour and 20 minutes, and it was more well-done than I'd like.

Let rest for 15 minutes.

Delicious!

Two other single women friends chipped in with me to buy the leg of lamb, since we all love it, but it's too expensive and too much meat for just one of us!

Lee
attachment.php

Beautiful!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Paymaster, your burger looks delicious!

Lee, that lamb looks sooooooo moist and tender...perfectly cooked!

I found some "Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing" at Sam's and used a bottle of it to make a marinade. I added 1/2 cup of honey to it and marinaded the shrimp for a couple of hours before grilling. It got rave reviews!

Attachments

• grilled-shrimp.jpg
    grilled-shrimp.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,165

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice, Mama!

What did you serve with the shrimp?

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Lee! I made twice baked potatoes, salad and homemade Italian Garlic Bread to go with it.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks great, Mama! I'm going to see if our Sam's has that dressing. I've never seen it, but I've never looked.