Sausage Pasta Stew

Lefty

Yank
2 Packages of Italian Sausage, I used a sweetitalian chicken sausage and a hot italian pork sausage.
3 cans black beans 15.5 oz
1 large can crushed tomatoes 28oz
1 lb. ziti pasta cooked
8 oz diced mushrooms
6 oz. diced onion
10-12 oz mixed sweet bell peppers diced
3 cloves garlic
3 tsp cajun seasoning
8 oz shredded mozzarella
salt and pepper to taste
chicken stock

Cook and drain meat
saute onions, peppers, shrooms garlic
cook pasta and set aside

mix meat, veggies, beans , seasoning and add and add enough chicken stock just to thin a little bit, like a stew nice and thick.
heat on medium until its bubbling.

I a large bowl, mix everything together and serve with a good crusty bread.

Please ask questions, if I left something out, I just invented this and we love it.

Lefty

Yank
Sorry for the inconsistent post, I was drinking before I made this and wanted to document something before I forgot it all.

My inspiration came from a "grown up" mac and cheese recipe I found that I wanted to make, and a sausage bean soup. I was debating with the two when I invented this.

This link is to the mac sausage and cheese I started out with as the inspiration and my very own sausage bean soup that came together for the final result. One of my better concoctions even if I do say so myself.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...eek-pasta-with-sausage-and-cheese-recipe.html

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I'm very glad you invented this, Lefty. It is now in my recipe file, and as soon as it cools off, I'll be making it for sure. Thanks!