Diner, Take-out & Fast Food prices

High Cheese

Saucier
I only had $7 on me this morning so I figured I grab a quick sammy at a diner on my way to work. I figured $5 or so for the sandwich and I'd leave the rest for a tip. I go to pick it up and my jaw nearly fell off at the price. WTH?!?! $6.72 for a porkroll, egg and cheese? :twak: I couldn't even leave a tip. I even ordered the porkroll instead of bacon or sausage cuz it's usually cheaper.

Sometimes I get food there for lunch, not anymore. The menu is in the the circular file.

chowhound

$3.59 more and you could have had a chicken sandwich value meal and four double cheeseburgers from BK. I know, I went there yesterday :dizzy:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Prices are becoming outrageous, even at little Mom and Pop joints.
Normally I don't think about how much I spend running out to diners and fast food places, however-- an average week of calculation tells me I spend around $60 alone just to have num nums at my convenience.
Guess it's time to start packing lunch more, or eating from the cafeteria at work more often!

Deelady

Its come to a point to even if we wanted to have fast food here and there we have to budget it it!!
We went to taco Bell (don't ask why) about a week or so ago and just for two combos and a kids meal it was like 20 something dollars.....are you serious? Taco Bell?? Let alone that they just aren't the same as I remember growing up....now its nothing but lettuce with a teaspoon of meat! I soooo should have known better!! :yuk:
Its the same story if we are ever in the mood for burgers. I guess its for the best. Keep the pounds off by eating at home only ;)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Here's a cheap boneless chicken dinner..:lol:

Attachments

• imagesboneless_20chicken.jpg
    imagesboneless_20chicken.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 21