Super Site Supporter
Yo Doc!

I see we have "albums" - if we upload pix to the album, can we

text
(img)url.album:file(/img)
more text

instead of using photobucket et al?

....code syntax faked for reading . . .

if the photobucket disaster lasts (might not . . .) what options are available for user editing old old stuff?
permission by user or only "all"?
methinketh the moderators might not wanna feel the burn to edit everyone's posts . . .

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Chowder, you can do that now with manage attachments. You can upload pix or a bunch of pix and plunk them anywhere on the page you like and put them in between text.

1) Go advanced
2) Toward the bottom - Click "Manage Attachments".
3) Select the photos you want to upload
4) Click upload
5) Close Manage Attachments
6) Return to your post and put your cursor where you want a picture.
7) Select the down arrow to the right of the paper clip
8) Click the attachment you want
9) Boom! It's there.

Move somewhere else and carry on.

Morgan 1
IMG_20160723_163843282_HDR.jpg
Morgan 2
2016-08-28 06.43.28.jpg
Morgan end

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
In Pix #1 - Morgan was attached by a stuffed doll and forced to defend herself.

She became very tired after the rigorous fight.

In Pix #2 she was preparing to defend us from a squirrel out on the phone pole.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Yo Doc!
methinketh the moderators might not wanna feel the burn to edit everyone's posts . . .

I'm thinking that would be an impossible task. Each user would have to provide the images ( Thousands for just NCT) then the editing.

By the way, I got those two pix from my Dropbox. That might be an alternative if you can get your pix back from photobucket.

I just read up on this and it stinks.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I believe I could turn on editing for users that request it so that you can update impacted posts.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I believe I could turn on editing for users that request it so that you can update impacted posts.

That would be wonderful Doc! I posted so many recipes and a few tutorials with lots of photos. I have all the photos in folders on my computer and would love to replace the lost photos. I would hate to have put all the effort into posting the recipe pictures just to loose it all due to Photobucket.

Not to mention all the threads like "Let's talk ..." in the "Play with your food" forum.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
super news on the placing in-line/ thanks for that tip!
doing text-pix-text is actually the only reason I use photobucket.
I use Irfanview's "Save for the web" to adjust physical and byte size if a site does not auto-reduce pix.

if I understand the "new" photobucket policy, you (and others) can still access/see the pix - but you must go to their site. they apparently trap the link request from outside and substitute the 'pay up' graphic for the user pix.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
if I understand the "new" photobucket policy, you (and others) can still access/see the pix - but you must go to their site. they apparently trap the link request from outside and substitute the 'pay up' graphic for the user pix.
Those two I posted above?
I right clicked and saved them to my documents directly from Photobucket.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
huoge state of Flux as the Don would say . . .

my old account date from 2010 or so, I think... as an organization stab, I took to using albums by year name - simply to reduce the number of pix to scroll thru... but I did upload stuff earlier to what was/is(?) called my 'bucket'

some who have had their links blocked report they cannot access the account even directly on the photobucket site without 'up$grading'

there's no mention I could find of 'grandfathered' accounts - I saw a citation from an earlier blurb about 'heavy users' would have to upgrade - but that does not appear anymore / now on the photobucket site. it must be a Trump site because there is tons of mysterious / fake / real / who knows / news floating around. such as the company has been bleeding to death for a while and is near death comma anyway . . .

ye olde "and how do you intend to pay for this expedition, Dr. Livingstone?" question has (fatally) plagued any number of "free sites" over the years. once the initial funding has been burned through, it can get quite dicey.

should be an interesting future - considering the number of photos that could / will disappear from Forums / & the like....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
huoge state of Flux as the Don would say . . .

my old account date from 2010 or so, I think... as an organization stab, I took to using albums by year name - simply to reduce the number of pix to scroll thru... but I did upload stuff earlier to what was/is(?) called my 'bucket'

some who have had their links blocked report they cannot access the account even directly on the photobucket site without 'up$grading'

there's no mention I could find of 'grandfathered' accounts - I saw a citation from an earlier blurb about 'heavy users' would have to upgrade - but that does not appear anymore / now on the photobucket site. it must be a Trump site because there is tons of mysterious / fake / real / who knows / news floating around. such as the company has been bleeding to death for a while and is near death comma anyway . . .

ye olde "and how do you intend to pay for this expedition, Dr. Livingstone?" question has (fatally) plagued any number of "free sites" over the years. once the initial funding has been burned through, it can get quite dicey.

should be an interesting future - considering the number of photos that could / will disappear from Forums / & the like....

Bigly! :yum:

ahem..

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return, unless thou pay Photobucket $400/year. The 14-year-old photo hosting site recently stopped letting outside sites display its photos for free, a move that instantly broke images on blogs, home pages, and eBay and Amazon listings, and infuriated longtime users. Some users are even having trouble downloading their own images, driving home an expensive lesson: Never trust a third-party site to hold onto your photos forever.

Every few months or years an old hosting service shuts down or starts charging for previously free services, often leaving users little or no time to recover their data. As Gizmodo’s Casey Chan put it when Webshots deleted its photos in 2012, “Your old pictures on the internet are going to be deleted.” Full stop. Some day Flickr will shut down, as will Picasa, Imgur, and Facebook. Maybe in a year, maybe in a century, but it will happen. So always keep local copies of your photos, like all your other priceless data. And keep a couple of cloud backups for when your house burns down.

Facebook? People will lose.their.minds.

https://lifehacker.com/back-up-your-photos-so-companies-like-photobucket-cant-1796726043

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It would be wonderful if Doc can allow editing privileges. Then we can add our pictures back. I'm mostly concerned with recipe threads and the Let's talk thread (there are other "ingredient" theads in that forum also).

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
FYI -

this AM I had an email prodding me to go pay photobucket $400.
curiously only on one photobucket account....
and the click-it link went to a marketing email address at pbdeals.com - which is a "not found in stores" types wares hawking/selling site.

but all the linked pix of that account are still working. mewondering if the email is a total scam, spoof, fishing, money snatching to some other place . . .

gosh, who would do that to you . . .
if you're going to send them money, be sure it's them and not some scammer.