1 1/4 c of flour
1 t dry mustard
1 t salt
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 c cold butter
2 c of cold grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c of cold grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Combine the flour, mustard, salt and cayenne in a food processor.

Add the butter and cheeses and pulse. Now add the eggs and pulse until you get a dough. Turn out onto a whole wheat floured board and knead a few times. Divide the dough into four pieces. Roll out the dough until it is roughly 1/8 thick. Cut with a cookie cutter of your choice and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with each portion of dough, and reroll the scraps.

Bake in batches in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature.

Makes about 3 dozen

Attachments

• cheese_crackers2.jpg
    cheese_crackers2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 138

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
1 1/4 c of flour
1 t dry mustard
1 t salt
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 c cold butter
2 c of cold grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c of cold grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Combine the flour, mustard, salt and cayenne in a food processor.

Add the butter and cheeses and pulse. Now add the eggs and pulse until you get a dough. Turn out onto a whole wheat floured board and knead a few times. Divide the dough into four pieces. Roll out the dough until it is roughly 1/8 thick. Cut with a cookie cutter of your choice and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with each portion of dough, and reroll the scraps.

Bake in batches in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature.

Makes about 3 dozen
This recipe looks fantastic. We will do it!
Because of this forum, I took Sharon (my wife) to Ruth Chris for Mother's Day. (YUM)-They had a cracker (not a cracker).
sliced parmesan cheese baked- Another Cheese Crispie.
Your recipe made me think of that. THX Sass!

:harley:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This recipe looks fantastic. We will do it!
Because of this forum, I took Sharon (my wife) to Ruth Chris for Mother's Day. (YUM)-They had a cracker (not a cracker).
sliced parmesan cheese baked- Another Cheese Crispie.
Your recipe made me think of that. THX Sass!

:harley:

Welcome Dandi! :)