Supper Tuesday 5/12/09

High Cheese

Saucier
I'll be making a huuuge vat of baked rotini in a meat sauce LOADED with gooey mozzarella cheese. That's for my lunches. ;)

I think the DW is making a crab salad.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i am making a big crock pot of baked beans w/ leftover smoked ribs tips and trimmings from a spare i did on mothers day

chowhound

I'm either making this or this.
I have everything for #2, so it has an edge.

Attachments

• Italian brats.jpg
    Italian brats.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 155
  • DO sausage & veggies.jpg
    DO sausage & veggies.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 154

suziquzie

Ohhhh chow I think I would go places just to make #1..... that looks so good....

hmm.... I just came back from the shoe store maybe I should go back out to the grocery store.....

:)

Abby

More coffee please
Super Site Supporter
I'm with Suziquzie! It looks like some sliced taters on the sandwich! Looks yummy! What kind of dressing is on that?

AllenOK

I gotta agree w/ Suzie and Abby, CH!! I would drive out of my way to find sandwiches like that!

Ok, need, hoagie rolls, brats/italian sausages, bell peppers, other fixins....

Honestly, I have no earthy idea what I'm doing for dinner tonight.

suziquzie

hehe... I have everything but buns, sorta.... I have a few cheap crappy buns, but I COULD make some....
:)

Ronjohn

I have no idea. I guess that should get that sorted out soon so I know if I need to stop at the store on the way home.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a big pot of red sauce simmering on the stove right now. I have some great ground veal, pork and beef ready to make some meat balls. So tonight will be spaghetti and meat balls with some Italian sausage thrown in for good measure. I also have some fresh Italian bread to make up some garlic bread.

chowhound

Those sound like good meatballs, Joe.

All I need is the buns and green pepper, but it means a trip to Wally World cuz I like those wide bolillo rolls they have. You can really stack 'em up.

Abby, the dressing is roasted garlic smashed and mixed with mayo and mustard. It's a very tasty spread.

GrantsKat

Well being as 2 of my 3 boys are sick (#3 will be soon,Im sure) Im thinking some wonderfully plain toast or even better...some lovely saltines...yum:rolleyes:

suziquzie

Those sound like good meatballs, Joe.

All I need is the buns and green pepper, but it means a trip to Wally World cuz I like those wide bolillo rolls they have. You can really stack 'em up.

Abby, the dressing is roasted garlic smashed and mixed with mayo and mustard. It's a very tasty spread.

Ok that does it I'm making buns..... you said roasted garlic. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I like the roasted garlic on my garlic bread also. Love it when it is roasted and could eat it like candy.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I like the roasted garlic on my garlic bread also. Love it when it is roasted and could eat it like candy.

me to... fresh out of the oven, spread on a nice slice of warm homemade bread with real butter.... it just doesnt get any better than that..lol

AllenOK

Kathe! LTNS!

Hope the kiddos get better soon. When are you expecting your little girl?

ROFL! Love the new sig.

GrantsKat

Kathe! LTNS!

Hope the kiddos get better soon. When are you expecting your little girl?

ROFL! Love the new sig.

LOL thanks Allen!!:wink:
shes due july 14th, but i already had a heart to heart talk with her & told her if she wanted to start off right she needs to come out SOONER!:whistling:
:yum:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I am following Chowhounds lead. Barbq some Brats here too.
Couple Cans of beans with Molasses, Onion and Brown Sugar.
Garden Salad. Oh Boy- Asparagus is on sale here.
I will dampen them with Olive Oil and seasoning and put on the grill as well.

chowhound

I miss my Italian Hot Dogs, I think I'l do those this week.

Don't forget the hot sauce, mustard and ketchup!

I've never had them with anything except the roasted garlic spread. And I have a hard time changing a good thing :tongue:

At any rate, I did not make it to Walmart for the buns during my break. I had more pressing matters..... the new windshield came in for my motorcycle, so obviously getting that came first :thumb:
I've taken a steak out of the freezer and will go with that instead. Brats tomorrow maybe.
But don't let me stop you, Dan :lol:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I've never had them with anything except the roasted garlic spread. And I have a hard time changing a good thing :tongue:

At any rate, I did not make it to Walmart for the buns during my break. I had more pressing matters..... the new windshield came in for my motorcycle, so obviously getting that came first :thumb:
I've taken a steak out of the freezer and will go with that instead. Brats tomorrow maybe.
But don't let me stop you, Dan :lol:
Beautiful Day in the SF Bay Area. Barbq is a must tonight.
I have got mixed reports on the Heritage Softtail. I was planning on buying new one in Sept. what do you think. I like Long Rides!
:harley: You can e mail me if you want
dansdiamond@comcast.net

chowhound

Beautiful Day in the SF Bay Area. Barbq is a must tonight.
I have got mixed reports on the Heritage Softtail. I was planning on buying new one in Sept. what do you think. I like Long Rides!
:harley: You can e mail me if you want
dansdiamond@comcast.net

Gawd forbid a thread go off topic :lol:

I don't know much about the softails. A couple friends ride them, not new ones though. They are both looking to get into a touring model. There's something to be said for a fairing and a radio :biggrin: But man, these touring models are heavy. Pushing one is like have the brakes rubbing.