casserole large enough to hold chicken in single layer. Combine
peel and brown sugar in bowl, sprinkle over chicken. Combine
stock and 1 Tbsp reserved marinate, pour around chicken. Bake at
350F 35-40 minutes. Serves 4 (generous portions) or 6. Good
served hot, even better served cold.

Abby

More coffee please
Super Site Supporter
I have a question BamsBBQ - the ingredients don't call for the lemon peel but your instructions do. How much lemon peel should I use? Thanks! This recipe was pointed out to me by Doc - shopping tomorrow for ingredients!

High Cheese

Saucier
I would imagine the marinade cooking the chicken and/or turning it to mush marinating for that length of time. I wouldn't marinade more than 2 hours.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I want to try this.

Thanks Abbey, I was going to ask the same question.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I would imagine the marinade cooking the chicken and/or turning it to mush marinating for that length of time. I wouldn't marinade more than 2 hours.

it has never turned to mush for me.... when i brine a turkey, i brine it for 3 or 4 days...

I have a question BamsBBQ - the ingredients don't call for the lemon peel but your instructions do. How much lemon peel should I use? Thanks! This recipe was pointed out to me by Doc - shopping tomorrow for ingredients!

sorry zest of 1/2 lemon..but you can adjust to taste...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yah yah yah i know...lol

this is just a posting of a traditional english lemon chicken that i got from one of my grandmas recipe binders... you gotta consider there is 3lbs of meat here, and it wont be totally submerged in the liquid..i dont know, i just know it tasted good when grams made it..lol

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Marinating-Meats/Detail.aspx

How Much?

You do want your chicken to be completely immersed in/covered by the marinade. Generally, 1/2 cup of liquid marinade for every 1 pound of meat will do the trick. If the meat is not completely covered, you will need to turn it over occasionally, making sure all sides get equal treatment during the chicken's stay in the refrigerator.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very good recipe Bam. We tried it out tonight and loved it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks to you and your grandma.

DW let it marinade overnight and it worked out great. :D