Spring has Sprung

Leni

I just spent a good portion of the afternoon at the veggie garden weeding and getting it ready for planting.

I was going through some seed catalogues yesterday and in a moment of madness I bought some seeds for a hot pepper called Carolina Reaper. The scoville reading is up to 2,200,000.

Saliha

The spring here has started again (we had a little winter few days ago with snowing but again yesterday + 10 C).

The ground is still on ice but snow is melted. And ground too soon (ok that soon might be after a month ago).

a moment of madness = :bounce:

I haven´t peppers here. The climate is a little too cold for them. Maybe in the pots and greenhouse, not in the garden.

:neutral:

Leni

They grow very nicely here. I grow several varieties from bell peppers to hot ones. I don't think that I'm going to try to eat one of the Carolina's. I have a friend who is from Nigeria. They eat things like that so he gets to be my test person.

Ian M.

Leni - The title of this thread puts me in mind of a poem we kids used to recite every year: "Spring has sprung, fall has fell, summer is here and it's hotter than usual" About those wicked hot peppers - I had a classmate at school who enjoyed eating red hot chili peppers out of hand like candy - actually ENJOYED it! His eyes would run and tear up but he'd keep right on eating those things like that. He must have had a cast-iron stomach! But grinding them or possibly drying them for use for flavouring could make for an interesting kick to other foods, I imagine. In moderation.............................

Ian

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Please toss a few of those Carolinas around up here in Wisconsin. Maybe they'll melt the ice. It's REALLY cold, again and again and again........