My summer "jungle"

Saliha

I have a little summer cottage with wild garden in the country side. House is 100 years old but still ok for living. It locates in a small village, middle of the forest, some lakes and rivers around the place. It is great place to get some peace to your mind and get fresh air. Some images:

xjzbcmq1ro85.jpg

old cherry trees and well

d0x8xxfquasd.jpg

ferns and burdocks, cherry trees and birches

9xul56kohgpw.jpg

a cottage with jasmin, cherry trees and old white roses

The walls of the cottage inside are painted blue as the sky.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How pretty, Saliha! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have a little summer cottage with wild garden in the country side. House is 100 years old but still ok for living. It locates in a small village, middle of the forest, some lakes and rivers around the place. It is great place to get some peace to your mind and get fresh air. Some images:

xjzbcmq1ro85.jpg

old cherry trees and well

d0x8xxfquasd.jpg

ferns and burdocks, cherry trees and birches

9xul56kohgpw.jpg

a cottage with jasmin, cherry trees and old white roses

The walls of the cottage inside are painted blue as the sky.

I would have to believe that it is very pitch black out there at night!! Nice and comfy during the day, but at night? Not for me!! :sad:

Saliha

I would have to believe that it is very pitch black out there at night!! Nice and comfy during the day, but at night? Not for me!! :sad:

I live so north that at the summer nights aren´t black at all. At the middle of the summer shadowy takes only few hours. Sun will rise at 4 am and hundreds of birds start to sing at 2:30 am or earlier - some might sing all night like the nightingales.

During the moments of the darkness you can sleep - or try to sleep because of noise of the birds.

:in_love:

Shermie

Site Supporter
And then there are the mosquitos. They like thickly wooded areas, especially when it starts to get dark!

One summer evening as the sun began to set, I was at Cape Cod waiting for a bus in a wooded area with trees, and those blasted mosquitos just wouldn't leave me alone!!! They drove me insane!!! I vowed that I would NEVER wait there for the bus again!!! When the bus finally came, I had bites & bumps all over my face, head & arms like you wouldn't believe!!! :furious:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That's a cute little cottage. We have deer leases here in Texas where people go to hunt or just relax and get away. Most have some type of cabin. I use that word loosely - shack is probably more appropriate :). They're usually not painted real cute like yours, and I've never seen lace curtains in one.

You're right, Saliha, they're not perfect, but that's kind of what it's all about...roughing it a little and getting back to nature. I haven't been in eons, but we always had Coleman lanterns for light and Coleman stoves for cooking.

Leni, I had that problem with caterpillars when we would go camping in the summer. They would ignore everyone else and head straight for my pink Keds. :huh:

Saliha

Lace curtains are must - a touch of romance. :kiss:

Before I had there also quite big kitchen garden where I had a lot of vegetables, herbs and flowers but then I every year was growing bigger and bigger area, more and more everything and soon it felt to be kind of labor camp and I started to grow my vegetables and herbs in my garden in the city only. Much less work now.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yes. Mosquitos. And a LOT. But nothing isn´t real perfect...

Yup!! I thought so! As I said, they like woodsy sticks areas. Even though the little house looks very cozy and inviting, to me, that is the most feared thing about staying out in the woods!

I don't mind the woods, but I hate those blasted mosquitos!! They can really ruin a fun outing there!! And on Cape Cope near the water, there are those pesky horse flies that bite!! Was in a outdoor swimming pool, and they just wouldn't leave people alone!! :ohmy:

Last edited:

Saliha

As you dislike mosquitos so much (well, who wouldn´t?), then that village is not good place to you at all. In my image (post 5/Lake Urajärvi and Pellinginselkä/Kymijoki), name of the water area on the left is Sääsniemenlahti (the Peninsula of the mosquito bay). No need to wonder why it has got kind of name...

But you are welcome any ways.
funny-fly-swatter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Shermie

Site Supporter
Mainly because mosquitos breed in water, mainly stagnant water that is full of bacteria, germs and other harmful pathogens. Which is why their bites can be very harmful and in some cases, fatal!

Malaria, West Nile Virus or H1N1! :yuk:

Saliha

Malaria, West Nile Virus or H1N1! :yuk:

No Malaria, West Nile Virus or H1N1 because of mosquitos here. In Finland don´t live mosquitos whose would spread kind of diseases.

:thumb:

They are annoýing, that´s all. Not dangerous.