Too Damn Complicated?!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
There are MANY recipes that are either simple but need odd ingredients OR difficult that require the standard things.

Where are YOU?! How simple do you want your recipes? :confused:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The simpler the better. :D

My wife is the gourmet cook. I've tried, and doing one thing is not so bad but when the whole dinner is coming together you have so many things all needing done at once. I'm not so good at that.

RNE228

There is so much variety out there, and so many ethnic type foods. Some varieties come from area's where the ingredients are typical. But, when they get to the other side of the country, or world, the ingredients are hard to find. Just makes the search and trying the recipe more fun! Well, most of the time, but not always...

We do about half and half. Simple foods are great, but so are more complicated recipes.

Remember, for ever and a day, someone was usually around the house cooking all day. three hot meals. Some of those sauces, stews etc just simmerred on the back burner for hours; that is what makes them yummy. We're all so busy now days, that cooking all day long for a recipe is really hard to do. Even when we want to.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Some days I like an easy recipe, then other days I feel more adventuresome and what to try something a little more complicated, or try something with an ingredient that I have never used before.

Recently I purchased some star anise, himalayan pink salt, and cardamon... I'm dying to know how and where to use them!!!!

KKsMom

Blond Member
Personally, I like them simple! With few ingredients, little prep time and in the end taste delicious!
Just to give an example of how much I don't know about cooking/ingredients: I was making a recipe that called for "prepared mustard". I actually went to the store and looked all over for "prepared mustard". I found dijon mustard, honey mustard, stadium mustard etc... but NOTHING that was called "prepared mustard". :mad: When I finally gave up and decided to use the mustard I had in my fridge, only then did I realize what prepared mustard was :pat:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
himalayan pink salt, and cardamon... I'm dying to know how and where to use them!!!!
Technically you should use that salt in the Himalayas. :cool::poke:
When I finally gave up and decided to use the mustard I had in my fridge, only then did I realize what prepared mustard was :pat:
:yum::yum: Hey Ive done the same thing with other ingredients so dont feel bad!

rapunzel47

Hmmm...I'm a seat-of-the-pants cook a lot of the time, so I don't have a lot of patience with recipes that have a list of ingredients as long as your arm, half of which you wouldn't normally have on hand. If I were particularly looking for a recipe for that dish, I'd put up with that, if the recipe looked good. Otherwise, the best recipes are ones which don't require a special shopping trip, and go together without a lot of fuss. And to a large extent, a recipe is to me a source of inspiration, rather than an instruction sheet.