Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This recipe appeared on Facebook, and since I had all the stuff to make it, I made it. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a57364/greek-stuffed-chicken-recipe/

I used 2 normal-sized chicken breasts (they are usually enormous), half a tomato, half a zucchini, one lemon, maybe a quarter of a red onion, all very thinly sliced. I omitted the dill, since I didn't have any. I made the whole sauce recipe.

Very good and easy, and they were done in 25 minutes.

Lee

Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients

3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. chopped dill, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
2 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
2 medium tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced into half moons
2 lemons, halved and thinly sliced
1 c. crumbled feta
1 c. shredded mozzarella

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400º. Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits in each breast, being careful not to cut through completely. Transfer to a small baking sheet.
  2. In a small bowl,
  3. , whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley, and garlic. Drizzle over chicken breasts, making sure olive oil mixture gets in the slits. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Stuff each chicken breast with zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, and lemons. Sprinkle crumbled feta and mozzarella on top.
  5. Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 25 minutes. Garnish with more dill and parsley. Serve warm.

Attachments

• chicken 1 no cheese.JPG
    chicken 1 no cheese.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 164
  • chicken 2 with  cheese.JPG
    chicken 2 with cheese.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 168
  • chicken 3 plated.JPG
    chicken 3 plated.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 166