Dates

GotGarlic

Hey, Sushi. I was just reading up on something else on the Food Timeline site, and it links to this page about dates:

The date palm is believed to have originated in the lands around the Persian Gulf and in ancient times was especially abundant between the Nile and Euphrates rivers. Alphonse de Candolle claimed that it ranged in prehistoric times from Senegal to the basin of the Indus River in northern India, especially between latitudes 15 and 30. There is archeological evidence of cultivation in eastern Arabia in 4,000 B.C.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sushi -

Dates - as in the ones from trees.

Dates - as in the ones on a calendar.

Dates - as in two, or more, people do things together.

Dates - as in how something that comes off a tree relates to the measurement of time.

smoke king

Banned
Its actually a little known fact that dates were first brought to this continent by Mesoblotarian settlers in the early 1500's (January or February I think) and used as currency, to purchase exotic spices such as cumin, ginger, cinnamon and Montreal steak seasoning.

:)yum:)

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Its actually a little known fact that dates were first brought to this continent by Mesoblotarian settlers in the early 1500's (January or February I think) and used as currency, to purchase exotic spices such as cumin, ginger, cinnamon and Montreal steak seasoning.

:)yum:)

Mmmmmm.... Im not buying that :smile:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea, that is kinda hard to beleive, except the Montreal Steak Seasoning that I can totally beleive!:yum::yum: