Does it work?

Wasabi

If there is a thread about this......sorry. The mold in the bread thread brought to mind this "As seen on tv" product. It's called "Green Bags". They have bags to keep produce fresh and they now have one to keep bread fresh longer. Testimonial anyone on this product or any other "As seen on tv" products?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
According to DW, they are a waste of money. We have a local TV reporter who tests things bought from these TV ads, then reports the results. Most of what you see for $19.95 or $29.95 is a ripoff, and the green bags are as well, according to the report. There is almost always an "expert" who is testing as well to make sure the protocols are the same.

homecook

If there is a thread about this......sorry. The mold in the bread thread brought to mind this "As seen on tv" product. It's called "Green Bags". They have bags to keep produce fresh and they now have one to keep bread fresh longer. Testimonial anyone on this product or any other "As seen on tv" products?

Don't waste your money.......I got these free from somewhere and it's a good thing because they went in the garbage! The bread bags were white and were supposed to keep the bread fresher. The bag they come in from the grocery store kept it fresher. lol

Biskit

DW got some of those things for keeping fruits fresh...............didn't work.
Waste of $$$ here,too.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The first thing that came to mind when I saw that ad was wondering why I wouldn't want to eat the vegetables today or tomorrow. Keeping something fresh for a week when I'll certainly be making another grocery run in that time period didn't compute.

Wart

Banned
The bag they come in from the grocery store kept it fresher. lol

This reminds me, I should call Wife and ask her to stop by the grocery and get some tomatoes and about a dozen 'bread bags' from the produce department.

You know those rolls of bags in produce departments? Best bread bags I've found.

K

Kimchee

I completely disagree with the above opinions.

Got some Green Bags free from the neighbor, and have been using them to keep
vegetables and fresh herbs in the fridge crisper.

Fresh cilantro, wrapped in paper towel.. 1 week to limp and slimy.. 2 weeks in the green bags.

Fresh cayenne/thai peppers.. 4 days to dry and dark spots... 2 weeks in the green bags

Just about every vegetable I have stored in them has lasted AT LEAST an extra week.
I take the vegetables out of their original packaging, and leave the green bags loosely closed.
BIG FAN of these things!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My new refrigerator has 3 separately humidity controlled bins. The 2 on top I use for fruits and some vegetables the other I use for leafy greens. The lower one is like a deli and is as wide as the other two combined there I store cold cuts, cheese etc. It has made a real difference in storage times especially for the fruits and vegetables. Other than that I doubt a plastic bag would keep them much longer unless it is vacuum sealed types which I use in my freezer.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

My old peeler broke so I bought the Titan Peeler at BBB right before Thanksgiving and it works great. Glides right through the potato and the blades don't clog up with peeling like some peelers I've had in the past. It leaves really small ridges in the potatoes which was different but the peeled potatoes were no longer slippery. The julienne slicer works well also. IMHO, it was a good buy for around $16. :flowers: