If you’re interested - Sturgis webcams.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
The Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally™ is the world's largest motorcycle rally and even if you can't make the trip, make sure to check out the excitement and energy of the Rally and downtown Sturgis via our web cameras. Our webcams capture Sturgis year round and are strategically placed to give you a bird's eye view of everything going on in Sturgis. The cameras at CIty of Riders Headquarters and on the 1200 block of Main Street show the exhilaration of Main Street. Cameras at the City of Riders Motorcycle Expo lots and at the Sturgis Liquor Store capture Lazelle Street and these important off-Main Street locations. Although nothing is the same as being here in Sturgis during the Rally and hearing the rumble of motorcycles going by, these web cameras are a way to check out the Rally. It will make you want to come next year!

https://sturgismotorcyclerally.com/webcams/

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Could not pay me enough to be there!

Even if Covid wasn't a huge concern, the sound of all those damn bikes would send me into right into psychosis.

This is part of one of the articles about the event:https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/sturgis-south-dakota-biker-rally-coronavirus-1.5679461

"Many who rode their bikes into Sturgis on Friday expressed defiance at the rules and restrictions that have marked life in many locales during the pandemic. People rode from across the U.S. to a state that offered a reprieve from coronavirus restrictions, as South Dakota has no special limits on indoor crowds, no mask mandates and a governor who is eager to welcome visitors and the money they bring.

"Screw COVID," read the design on one T-shirt being hawked. "I went to Sturgis."

Bikers rumbled past hundreds of tents filled with motorcycle gear, T-shirts and food. Harley-Davidson motorcycles were everywhere, but masks were almost nowhere to be seen, with an Associated Press reporter counting fewer than 10 in a crowd of thousands over a period of several hours."