Rants and Raves thread

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I’m fed up with our Ford dealer… firing them and looking for something new.
Good luck with that. I fired my Chevy dealer and went to Toyota in 2004. Since then I've bought more toyotas. With them I don't need the dealer other than for routine maintenance and they do that well.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I’m fed up with our Ford dealer… firing them and looking for something new.
My son Jeff has a Volkswagen Passat.
He's had some problems with it so took it to the one and only dealer in Perrysburg (Toledo area).
They charged him out the a$$ for a simple repair until he found this guy via his brother Ty, who said Are You Nuts?
Seems there's a hippy who's very knowledgeable with all VW's.
The guy loves them and enjoys working on them.
Little German Village- Ridgeville Corners Ohio.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
If you have any insurance policies coming up for renewal, I suggest that you grab some tissues before opening the envelopes. I have three bundled, and all together they went up $300 per year.

Johnny West

If you have any insurance policies coming up for renewal, I suggest that you grab some tissues before opening the envelopes. I have three bundled, and all together they went up $300 per year.
Say it ain’t so… our house insurance went way up with the new bathrooms and can’t imagine what property tax will be.

Johnny West

So today I drive to the army hospital drive thru pharmacy to get meds. I’m sitting in line when all of a sudden, bam, the car ahead of me slams into the front of my car. The lady three cars ahead put her Volvo SUV in reverse instead of drive and hit the gas. The cars ahead of me accordion and I am the last. I had my car in park and didn’t move. I called 911 and reported it -took the MP’s awhile to get there and almost 3 hours later they finished their investigation. There were photos of all the cars, yada, yada, yada. Their computer system is down and will test me a police report later. there is not a lot of damage to my car but will get it checked out tomorrow. I’ll call my insurance company later this evening. I’m knackered and have PT at 5 PM.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So today I drive to the army hospital drive thru pharmacy to get meds. I’m sitting in line when all of a sudden, bam, the car ahead of me slams into the front of my car. The lady three cars ahead put her Volvo SUV in reverse instead of drive and hit the gas. The cars ahead of me accordion and I am the last. I had my car in park and didn’t move. I called 911 and reported it -took the MP’s awhile to get there and almost 3 hours later they finished their investigation. There were photos of all the cars, yada, yada, yada. Their computer system is down and will test me a police report later. there is not a lot of damage to my car but will get it checked out tomorrow. I’ll call my insurance company later this evening. I’m knackered and have PT at 5 PM.

Geez, John!

I hope you, Peep and Sass all feel better tomorrow!

Also, keeping Jimmy in my thoughts.

Lee

Reactions: Doc

Johnny West

My hip is back to causing me a lot of pain. When I got to PT it was pretty normal, went in and did the stationary bike, got a full treatment, walked out and started up again. I had all I could do to get upstairs. I don’t get - I do, but am exasperated.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I AM LIVID!! That the ER doctor didn't give DD an antibiotic!! Her doctor said he didn't get the whole cyst, and it got so infected. What surgeon does a procedure and not prescribe antibiotics? Heck, even when you get a tooth pulled, you get a script to prevent infection. She's in so much pain.

Johnny West

Yesterday I went to WinCo after being on the five day self quarantine. On my list were three things that were completely out - the most important was distilled water I need for my CPAP. Last week I did go to Walmart and all they had was six gallons of which I took two and left the others for someone else. Today I will hit Fred’s, a Kroger store, and maybe take a run to the commissary. Are you seeing the empty shelves in your area?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Same here, no empty shelves but the oddest things have been in shorter supply.
Like the cream cheese thing.
It's crazy! More empty spots than full or even somewhat full. Around Christmas, I couldn't get large shells for stuffing. I can't find the brand soy sauce we like for about 6 months now. WE hate the other brand.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
It's crazy! More empty spots than full or even somewhat full. Around Christmas, I couldn't get large shells for stuffing. I can't find the brand soy sauce we like for about 6 months now. WE hate the other brand.
What brand do you like? Hate?
Try San J Tamari. It's better than all the others.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last I went grocery shopping, no spots were empty. Not like last year.
I'm seeing no tp or paper products shortage, now kcups coffee looked a bit skimpy, and fresh meat, steaks and chicken especially. I simply bought different things for now.
This is at Sam's or Walmart.
Chief supermarket is always stocked, but their prices are omg.
😄

Johnny West

What brand do you like? Hate?
Try San J Tamari. It's better than all the others.
We get the tamari, too. The local Asian markets have numerous soy sauces from across Asia. I buy Yamasa low sodium soy sauce. It’s made in Salem, OR but from a Japanese parent company. We just got back from the commissary and they had soy sauce but half the shelves for it were empty. I wanted the generic yellow mustard and all they had was the small bottles. I was able to get distilled water so am set for the rest of the winter. We are getting a distiller to make our own distilled water as a back up.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Next shopping trip I'll go to two stores and take pics of what's short, and do a little comparison $$ on the meat.
Well when I did go to the grocery store today, because of the incoming storm..
No shopping carts inside, parking lot was packed, people weren't acting crazy, but the bread aisle was almost gone.
I settled for an .89 cent loaf of store brand white. Lol

Johnny West

I'm taking back my above comment because now I'm really seeing some shortages.
Maybe when the truckers get rolling again, it will get better 🤞.
Yesterday we went to commissary and it wasn’t bad except for cereals which were only about 1/3 full.

Johnny West

Today we went back to WinCo for a few things and they had plenty of cereal. I talked to the lady stocking the water section and she’d her why no distilled water. She want sour and said they only get what the warehouse sends them. I stocked up at the commissary and have twelve gallons. If it continues to be a problem I’ll get a distiller.

I did buy some Hormel corned beef hash today. I have a corn beef in the freezer and will bake it like Silver Sage says to do and make hash with the leftovers. They had B&M bread. Petit sirloin was under $5 a pound and will go back get a few packages to grind my own burger And put a couple on the grill. It was a good day.

LastManStanding

I was thinking, being in economies worlds apart, we had cheaper stuff here. But from what johnny says, beef is almost the same price here as in the US.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
the "holes" are weird and not easily fathomed....
popcorn - were so many people locked in that they exhausted the popcorn stock?
Bertolli frozen pasta dinner bags - huh?

Johnny West

the "holes" are weird and not easily fathomed....
popcorn - were so many people locked in that they exhausted the popcorn stock?
Bertolli frozen pasta dinner bags - huh?
I hate spell check and need to proof read better…

Popcorn was a problem but shelves are stocked now. We do eat a lot of popcorn but only recently.

Johnny West

My bud in Maryland went to Food Lion for cat food today.

He has two cats plus he feeds several skunks. The skunks trust him and never had a issue with them.

756D8AEF-F240-48E4-A2F3-680050EAF8FF.jpeg