Rants and Raves thread

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I HATE when pain keeps me awake!! I need to go food shopping in 6 hours. If I don't go early it gets crazy and I can't get a parking spot.

You have my sympathies!

I’ve been up most of the night.

Every position I try makes something hurt. :(

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
You have my sympathies!

I’ve been up most of the night.

Every position I try makes something hurt. :(

That was me night before last, and I had to drive 2.5 hours 1 way and then back yesterday. At least I only woke up once last night due to pain somewhere.

Hopefully tonight will be better for you!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you. What makes it worse is the rain.

I wish everyone a pain free day and night!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pain. I can relate. My back and one knee have been non stop. Dr. appt last week I found out why my knee has been so painful. He said I have severe arthritis with bone on bone contact inside the knee. No wonder it hurts. Candidate for knee replacement but I'll delay that as long as possible. He warned me knee replacement is one of the most painful surgeries and it has a 3 to 6 month recoup time. From all surgeries I've seen and experienced it helps with the problem but we are never back to what we used to call 'normal'. Such is the story of growing older. On the plus side, the pain has not impacted my sleep as much as it has you guys. Best wishes with getting some quality shut eye.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got a rant about dealing with Craigslist service providers. Too mad right now to come across as sane

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got a rant about dealing with Craigslist service providers. Too mad right now to come across as sane

Over my mad now :D

Rant:

I contacted a person on Craigslist to trim some shrubs, clean up, and haul off the debris. He gave me a price of $25/hr. I thought that was fair, so we talked about date/time, etc. The next day he e-mailed back and said there would be a $50 haul off fee added because the dump fees has risen. That reeked of a bait and switch maneuver to me. I just told him to forget it.

In all fairness to Craigslist, I did use a tile setter who I found on there, and he did an excellent job for a fair price.

You just never know who you're going to get on there.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been on the phone dealing with my medical insurance provider. My Primary Care Provider has decided to pack up his stethoscope and go home. Insurance co sent me a letter saying that they would choose me a new PCP, so I just decided to wait and see who they chose.

They did a real good job picking...NOT. They chose one about 200 miles away. How ignorant is that :eek:.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I've been on the phone dealing with my medical insurance provider. My Primary Care Provider has decided to pack up his stethoscope and go home. Insurance co sent me a letter saying that they would choose me a new PCP, so I just decided to wait and see who they chose.

They did a real good job picking...NOT. They chose one about 200 miles away. How ignorant is that :eek:.

We must have the same insurance. When I moved last fall I changed my address. Got a letter back suggesting a gentleman in Conroe. Hundreds of miles from here. Clay County - Conroe must be close start with the same letter :lmao:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We must have the same insurance. When I moved last fall I changed my address. Got a letter back suggesting a gentleman in Conroe. Hundreds of miles from here. Clay County - Conroe must be close start with the same letter :lmao:

When I was about 16 or 17 yrs old, I just wanted to be older. At about 34 or 35, I just wanted to be younger. Now, I just want to be older again...bring on the Medicare. I'm so tired of dealing with all the ins co BS.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
When I was about 16 or 17 yrs old, I just wanted to be older. At about 34 or 35, I just wanted to be younger. Now, I just want to be older again...bring on the Medicare. I'm so tired of dealing with all the ins co BS.

I’ve been on medicare 7 years. It comes with a new set of rules though so you deal with both them and the supplemental insurance company :bonk:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Rant - I had tree trimmers out here yesterday. When they were finally finished, I gave the guy a check. He handed it back and asked if I would make it out to Jose instead of Javier. Javier was on his business card. He told me that his father was Javier and no longer worked so he took over the business. I didn't like it, got a little suspicious, but did it anyway. I was just so ready for them to go.

Had some time this afternoon, got curious, and did a judicial search....OMG. Yeah, Dad no longer works for a very good reason o_O. Son's record wasn't so stellar either.

Edit to add: He did a very good job. I was happy. He was highly recommended

Last edited:

Johnny West

We have a nice but old Amana refrigerator. It was making a knocking noise so finally got a certified repairman in to look at it. He had us order a 600 dollar part which he replaced. The knocking quit but now the thing freezes veg in the veg drawer. She replaced veg the other day, today it’s frozen - two heads of expensive romaine and a big stalk Of celery. The celery was made into a yuge batch of cream of celery soup but the lettuce had to be tossed. I’d of made Wilted lettuce if I was mobile. We’ve tried adjusting the temperature to no avail.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We have a nice but old Amana refrigerator. It was making a knocking noise so finally got a certified repairman in to look at it. He had us order a 600 dollar part which he replaced. The knocking quit but now the thing freezes veg in the veg drawer. She replaced veg the other day, today it’s frozen - two heads of expensive romaine and a big stalk Of celery. The celery was made into a yuge batch of cream of celery soup but the lettuce had to be tossed. I’d of made Wilted lettuce if I was mobile. We’ve tried adjusting the temperature to no avail.
Pretty sure my fridge cost less than $600. But that was maybe 11 years ago.

Wilted lettuce out of frozen Romaine? I would have liked to have seen that. :popcorn:

Lee

Embryodad

I had the same thing with my new LG
It was under warranty, so the Man came out Hahahaha..... ( like when Andy Griffith said to Aunt Bea ),
'Call The Man!" when the freezer broke down.. She was going to have Gomer look at it!
The Man changed the Damper Door. Next day.... 31 Degrees in the box. Come to find out, the temp setting was set too low.
It works by the more bars shown on the control panel setting, is the colder setpoint. Normally, one would think to set warmer, it would correlate to 1 b ar = lowest. and 7 bar highest. I would say, 7 is higher than 1? Well guess what? LG hqs it reversed.
BTW.... the damper door, opens and closes, to allow freezer air, to be blown into the medium temp section to regulate and control the temperature. Lots of luck!

Jimmy

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I bought an inexpensive Armitron watch. The directions for setting up the thing are not right in the instructions. It says to press and hold a button and then continue on with some other buttons. Here I am trying to hold down that stupid button while trying to use the other buttons to set time/date/etc. I finally said, screw this. After a while, I googled and found the problem. You're supposed to press the first button for 3 seconds, release, and then go on with the setup :bonk:. Done now :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Google is your friend, Cooksie. Don't know what I would do without it.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This has been bothering me.

When I went down to get my first vaccine, I had to wait for about 20-30 minutes after checking in.

During that time two people went up to the check-in counter and wanted to schedule an appt to get a vaccine. The young woman at the counter told the first woman that they weren't allowed to schedule appts and that she would have to schedule on line. She seemed okay with that and walked away.

However, an older man came in and wanted to do the same thing. Again, the young woman told him that he would have to schedule an appt on line. He looked kind of crestfallen, and said, "So you have to have access to a computer." Her reply, "Oh, you can call to make an appt too, and you can get the phone number off of our website." :pat:

I'm calling somebody Monday and suggesting that all the vaccination sites have something printed to give out to those who might not have access to a computer.

Embryodad

Tina called by phone while the woman Ooops! Person I meant, worked with her on line to get
her 98 y/o uncle an appointment. It was like bidding on ebay to get the appointment.
She finally after 5 try's, got his appointment.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That breaks my heart, Cooksie. Evidently, that young woman was not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Good for you for offering helpful advice!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It was like bidding on ebay to get the appointment.
She finally after 5 try's, got his appointment.
Vaccine appts have opened up here a lot. Before it was like bidding on ebay and he who had the best computer skills and the quickest fingers got the appts, and the others were left in the dust.

98 yrs old, he should have been one of the first ones to get the vaccine.

Johnny West

A rant and rave... our modem failed Friday night and xfinty couldn’t send anyone till late this afternoon (Monday). The young man they sent was great, provided a new a modem, and rewired our house in several locations. Everything is up to date and works great. I had withdrawal from my devices on Sat. but started to read a book I’ve put off to long and feel much better.

Johnny West

A rant and rave... our modem failed Friday night and xfinty couldn’t send anyone till late this afternoon (Monday). The young man they sent was great, provided a new a modem, and rewired our house in several locations. Everything is up to date and works great. I had withdrawal from my devices on Sat. but started to read a book I’ve put off to long and feel much better.

And the first thing I do is get a seven day Facebook jail term, my third one.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My rant today is how do I get the top bar to work so I can properly post a perfect picture?
I think I remember other people having that same problem. If you haven't already done so, click "report" on your post, and you'll probably get a pretty quick response. There is also another thread for people having problems with the software. Somebody usually shows up on that one very quickly too. I enjoy your dinner pictures and would rather not have to click on an attachment.

And the first thing I do is get a seven day Facebook jail term, my third one.
Facebook must be getting very strict. You're not the first person who has been thrown in jail for little to nothing.

Johnny West

I think I remember other people having that same problem. If you haven't already done so, click "report" on your post, and you'll probably get a pretty quick response. There is also another thread for people having problems with the software. Somebody usually shows up on that one very quickly too. I enjoy your dinner pictures and would rather not have to click on an attachment.

Facebook must be getting very strict. You're not the first person who has been thrown in jail for little to nothing.

I violated community standards. I have a bud just got off 30 days and I never see him post anything objectionable.

Thanks, I sent a report. I won’t post any pictures till this is resolved.

Just had the pool repairman here and figured out what our leak problem was. We blew a seal in a box like pump thingy. It’s an easy fix but had to drain the tub first so he will come back. That will give me a chance to clean the tub and put in fresh filters.

Johnny West

I saw the report Johnny and leaving it for Doc. I’m thinking nobody has a bar on top so this might be a forum permission thing Doc will have to fix. I’ll make sure he sees it. ?

It’s that line of icons at the top starting with B and has the little picture icon to post pictures. It is faded like it’s been turned off.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I have that problem sometimes on my tablet, old Android op system, like 4. Something.