4 cylinder car/suv

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Anybody have an opinion on a four cylinder car/suv?

If you have one or have driven one, how do you feel about the pickup? Good enough, Lacking?

I've been looking at some. I have a Chevrolet Tahoe right now that is just too big for me. I want something smaller, but still an suv or maybe even a crossover.

I looked at some some Chevrolet Equinox suvs. It's kind of a medium suv, and I like the interior, but I'm just scared of a 4 cylinder. The salesman says...it's turbo charged...dah dah dah.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Anybody have an opinion on a four cylinder car/suv?

If you have one or have driven one, how do you feel about the pickup? Good enough, Lacking?

I've been looking at some. I have a Chevrolet Tahoe right now that is just too big for me. I want something smaller, but still an suv or maybe even a crossover.

I looked at some some Chevrolet Equinox suvs. It's kind of a medium suv, and I like the interior, but I'm just scared of a 4 cylinder. The salesman says...it's turbo charged...dah dah dah.

I drove Tahoes for years. I’m 6’ 5” and plenty of leg room front and back. I decided a few years ago to get something a little smaller easier to park and better on gas consumption.

I have a GMC Acadia, equal to a Chevy Traverse next size up from the Equinox. It has a 6 cylinder and plenty of power. Front seats are plenty roomy but I don’t fit very well in the back seat :). Back has plenty of room to haul stuff. I get 24-26 on the road 20-22 in town. I test drove an Equinox. The Acadia was a much better performer and more roomy inside.

Hope this helps.

Acadia next to my wife’s Suburban.

Attachments

• 677ED1CE-FB32-496F-B9D2-A535DC07890E.jpg
    677ED1CE-FB32-496F-B9D2-A535DC07890E.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 66

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I drove Tahoes for years. I’m 6’ 5” and plenty of leg room front and back. I decided a few years ago to get something a little smaller easier to park and better on gas consumption.

I have a GMC Acadia, equal to a Chevy Traverse next size up from the Equinox. It has a 6 cylinder and plenty of power. Front seats are plenty roomy but I don’t fit very well in the back seat :). Back has plenty of room to haul stuff. I get 24-26 on the road 20-22 in town. I test drove an Equinox. The Acadia was a much better performer and more roomy inside.

Hope this helps.

Acadia next to my wife’s Suburban.

Very helpful :). I'll look at the Acadia, but I think that and the Traverse may be a little over my price range. I would like a 6 cylinder, just wondering if I would be happy with a 4. I have family members who have said...do not buy a 4 cylinder. They mostly drive in Houston though.

Thanks!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I bought mine used @2 1/2 years ago. 2013 with 42,000 miles. Serviced by my dealer since new so i got to see the records.

It now has 52,000 miles on it so It should last for a while.

Jim