Hey! NCT tummy watchers.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I notice that I am not the only one trying to shed a few pounds here.

Anyone interest in sharing successes and supporting others through failures?

Y'all can use this thread for either. If you want to keep it private then post here what you feel comfortable with and PM one of the participants in the thread.

We can help each other out.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Just updating things from here.

So far, I have lost 63#, my blood pressure is down 15 points, my sugar is in the normal range and my cholesterol tested "low".

I see the Cardio tomorrow to find out of any of my meds change. Sure would like a reduction in something, anything.

Biggest benefit is how I feel, not how I look.

Down about 6" in my waist. luvin it!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
63 pounds! Wow, that is fantastic, Andy!

Congratulations, and continued good health this year and beyond!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:wow: Way to go Andy!!!!!!! Congrats on getting it done. I bet you are feeling better / healthier for sure. More energy to I bet. :clap: :clap: ;clap:

Leni

I'm in. At 6' tall and small boned I should weigh around 145. Right now I'm at 166. Doc says 150 or there abouts. We'll see. My dancing weight was 135. I've never had to diet before. When I married I was 125. I'm one of those that people love to hate. Ate everything that didn't run fast enough and never gained. At 70 this is my first diet. It will be interesting.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I have kind of given up fighting my weight. I am down 10 lbs. from last spring and the docs seem happy. 215 seems to be my happy weight and short of really quitting eating I don't seem to get much below it.

Bells

Wow! Good for you. I really hope you can get off the meds with this weight loss. I know you will feel better in all areas.

I know several people that have gotten off their medications with weight loss, the most recent being my neighbor. She lost weight and last summer she reached the point of no more Metformin, no more high blood pressure medication and her cholesterol went way down. It took a significant weight loss but she has a new lease on life. Even her aches and pains (arthritis like) lessened and she no longer has to use a cane. It gave her husband incentive to achieve the same goal and he was aiming for new years. I haven't seen him for a few weeks but I'm optimistic that he did it. Last time I saw him, his belly was gone.

I wish you the best. :)

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you all for the compliments. The improvement in my health and how I feel has been worth it. I know the hardest part is ahead, keeping it off.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wonderful, Adillo :applause:

I've dropped a few too.....scales hit 148 last Saturday :bounce: