Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
THE RECIPE:

Oil
Bell peppers, sliced in 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rings
Eggs
Salt and pepper
Salsa for serving, if desired

Lightly oil frying pan and bring to low heat. (The right heat was #2 on my electric stove top.) Place pepper rings in pan and crack an egg into each. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on desired yolk firmness. If your frying pan doesn't have a lid, use foil. Serve with salsa.

h/t http://thedougheatery.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunny-side-up.html

Fried egg flowers2.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
that's a neat idea!

snatched, sliced, diced, stolen and appearing soon on a plate near me,,, fried (g)

Ian M.

Great idea, Sass. Pretty, too. If you wanted to get especially creative and make something as a bit of a centerpiece for a breakfast buffet, use pieces of the pepper to create stems and leaves on the flowers. Even using small bits of meat to make buds and so forth. The possibilities are endless. I'm going to suggest this to my exec. chef at the hotel and perhaps we can do some things with it on our breakfast buffet tables on Sunday mornings. We could also expand on my eggs in hash cups and use a decoration such as that with them, too. How neat is that?

Ian :whistling:

Ian M.

Morning, Andy - You're up early! That recipe has been posted for awhile - it's in the breakfast forum and it also was the lead-off in a thread I started some time back about creating a recipe. Never took off, though.

Ian :tiphat:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
THE RECIPE:

Oil
Bell peppers, sliced in 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rings
Eggs
Salt and pepper
Salsa for serving, if desired

Lightly oil frying pan and bring to low heat. (The right heat was #2 on my electric stove top.) Place pepper rings in pan and crack an egg into each. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on desired yolk firmness. If your frying pan doesn't have a lid, use foil. Serve with salsa.

h/t http://thedougheatery.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunny-side-up.html

View attachment 15967

attachment.php

Now how cool is that! :)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Morning, Andy - You're up early! That recipe has been posted for awhile - it's in the breakfast forum and it also was the lead-off in a thread I started some time back about creating a recipe. Never took off, though.

Ian :tiphat:
I can't find it. Can you post the link to the recipe please. Thanks

Ian M.

Baked eggs in hash cups

I searched everywhere it could have conceivably been and I couldn't find it either - nor that thread about creating a recipe, so to make it easier on me and everyone else, here it is again:

Baked eggs in hash cups

Spray the cups in a jumbo muffin pan with cooking spray. To fill up all of the six cups you will need two cans of corned beef hash. Divide the hash between the muffin cups and press down to make the "cups" of hash making a good hollow in each cup of hash. Crack one large egg into each nest and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can also sprinkle each with a bit of shredded cheese, or place the cheese in the hash nest before you put the egg in, and sprinkle on some hot sauce to give the hash cups and eggs a bit of zip. Place muffin tin in a 350 degree oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until eggs are set. These are really good! Two per person makes a pretty hearty breakfast, served with corn muffins or toast and jam. Lots and lots of coffee, too. Yum!

Ian :chef:

You want to be sure and use a jumbo muffin tin to make these in. If you use a regular-sized muffin tin, the eggs will be too large for the hash cups and flow over the tup, making one huge mess in your oven!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Baked eggs in hash cups

I searched everywhere it could have conceivably been and I couldn't find it either - nor that thread about creating a recipe, so to make it easier on me and everyone else, here it is again:

Baked eggs in hash cups

Spray the cups in a jumbo muffin pan with cooking spray. To fill up all of the six cups you will need two cans of corned beef hash. Divide the hash between the muffin cups and press down to make the "cups" of hash making a good hollow in each cup of hash. Crack one large egg into each nest and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can also sprinkle each with a bit of shredded cheese, or place the cheese in the hash nest before you put the egg in, and sprinkle on some hot sauce to give the hash cups and eggs a bit of zip. Place muffin tin in a 350 degree oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until eggs are set. These are really good! Two per person makes a pretty hearty breakfast, served with corn muffins or toast and jam. Lots and lots of coffee, too. Yum!

Ian :chef:

You want to be sure and use a jumbo muffin tin to make these in. If you use a regular-sized muffin tin, the eggs will be too large for the hash cups and flow over the tup, making one huge mess in your oven!

Sounds good!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Eggs are so versatile.
I love using them in recipes anytime.

A while back I posted a recipe with pics I'd made of eggs in toast cups, sorta like the Breakfast Brunch Bundles-- but searching, I can't find it :/

Then there were the Jalapeno Eggs
Still a favourite. :D:applause: