#16: French toast
#17: Crème brulee
#18: Egg Drop Soup
#19: Egg Fried Rice
#20: Egg In A Basket
#20: Pancakes
#22: Crepes
#23: Soufflé
#24: Soft Boiled Egg (served in the shell in an egg holder with toast "soldiers" for dipping)
#25: Hollandaise Sauce

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
#14 Mexican Eggs

I originally came across this recipe back in 95, and used to take it to company breakfasts all the time. The original recipe was HUGE and called for 2 dozen eggs, and more than a pound of each other ingredient. But, it was always a bit hit, and I still love it.

I've since scaled it down to serve 2. :biggrin:

The volumes listed are approximate as I just eyeball it these days. Adjust the volume to reach your desired consistency. Add more salsa and cheese for "wetter" or less for "drier".

4 large eggs
1/2 cup Mild Salsa (you can use medium or hot if you like)
1/3 lb Mild Breakfast Sausage (you can use medium or hot if you like)
1/4 lb Velveeta Cheese

1. Beat the eggs well, and lightly scramble. Cover and set aside.

2. Crumble the breakfast sausage and fry till done. Drain on paper towels, cover, and set aside.

3. Cut the Velveeta into small cubes. Then, in a small sauce pan, add the salsa and Velveeta over low to medium heat. Stir frequently till the cheese is melted. Do not let it burn (obviously).

4. Add the eggs and sausage to the salsa and cheese mixture. Stir well to incorporate. Serve immediately.

Mmmmm! Copied and saved, K - thanks!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
How about Chicken and I'll start with........FRIED :w00t:

Sounds good to me!

But you know, I was thinking.....chicken (as well as beef and pork, etc) are HUGE categories. Do you think we can narrow it down to one of: Thighs, Legs, Wings, Breasts?

What do you think?

Personally, I'd love to see a lot more tailored recipes to thighs and legs which I use most often. :thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmm! Copied and saved, K - thanks!

Lee

Hope you try it Lee! It's really, really good! I love it. It may not be the prettiest dish in the world, but man, the flavor and texture is jaw dropping. Let us know if you make it!