Twenty-Five Tactics: Egg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Here's a fun little game that I think will be of great benefit. The idea is to come up with 25 ways to prepare the target ingredient. All you need do is post your idea/suggestion. It can be as simple as "#1 Fried Chicken", or you can list a basic method for the recipe and hit the highlights, or go ahead and post a whole recipe. Sharing a link to a recipe from here or outside is perfectly acceptable. It's up to you.

You can post as often as you like. Whoever posts the 25th Tactic should pick a new target ingredient and then we'll start a new thread for that target ingredient. The ingredient can be anything you like, veggie, meat, pasta, etc.

In the end, we could end up with several threads for many different ingredients. These would be great resources. Imagine sitting around thinking, how am I going to prepare the chicken tonight? Then you open the Twenty-Five Tactics: Chicken thread and boom, you're inspired! :biggrin:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SilverSage has started us off with Quiche, and I'll add Deviled!

#1 Quiche
#2 Deviled Eggs

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
#14 Mexican Eggs

I originally came across this recipe back in 95, and used to take it to company breakfasts all the time. The original recipe was HUGE and called for 2 dozen eggs, and more than a pound of each other ingredient. But, it was always a bit hit, and I still love it.

I've since scaled it down to serve 2. :biggrin:

The volumes listed are approximate as I just eyeball it these days. Adjust the volume to reach your desired consistency. Add more salsa and cheese for "wetter" or less for "drier".

4 large eggs
1/2 cup Mild Salsa (you can use medium or hot if you like)
1/3 lb Mild Breakfast Sausage (you can use medium or hot if you like)
1/4 lb Velveeta Cheese

1. Beat the eggs well, and lightly scramble. Cover and set aside.

2. Crumble the breakfast sausage and fry till done. Drain on paper towels, cover, and set aside.

3. Cut the Velveeta into small cubes. Then, in a small sauce pan, add the salsa and Velveeta over low to medium heat. Stir frequently till the cheese is melted. Do not let it burn (obviously).

4. Add the eggs and sausage to the salsa and cheese mixture. Stir well to incorporate. Serve immediately.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Looking good! Keep ‘em cracking!! :biggrin:

#1: Quiche
#2: Deviled Eggs

#3: Omelet
#4: Egg Custard
#5: Scotch Eggs
#6: Egg Salad
#7: Aioli
#8: Eggs Benedict
#9: Fried Eggs
#10: Eggs Florentine
#11: Jalapeno eggs
#13: Egg Faux-Lasagna Casserole
#14: Mexican Eggs
#15: Egg Nog

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
#20 Egg In A Basket

An egg fried in the cut out portion of toast. Awesome! Mama has made this before and posted a pic, but I can't find it. Maybe she can post it again????

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
#20 Egg In A Basket

An egg fried in the cut out portion of toast. Awesome! Mama has made this before and posted a pic, but I can't find it. Maybe she can post it again????

Here ya go

Attachments

• eggsinabasket.jpg
    eggsinabasket.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 120